Instrument cluster not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BodgeItAndScarper View Post
    So I cleaned up the boot plugs, and at the same time disconnected something called a Parrot that was installed behind the dash. Since then it hasn't gone nuts, so I'll try plugging the Parrot back in, see which it was.

Now the main problem is fixed, looks like there's some sort of fault with the abs/tcs/esc. No codes from the obd, though. Any thoughts?
    "Parrot" is aftermarket bluetooth hands free kit is the display there if not i would just remove it completely.

Comment

Hey, I just wanted to drop by to say that I had exactly the same issue as what happened to you and your findings really helped me fix it quick and easy. Thanks very much

After a recent storm, the wind and rain must have been blowing in the perfect direction to sneak to somewhere in the boot of the car. All my electronics were going wild, just as you've described and I was worried something serious had been fried. Strangely, the car was working totally fine, just all the cabin electronics, safety and driving assistance devices were freeking out. After looking around I found your description a long with finding your electric rear door not working. I got into the car and checked the boot electronics module and bingo, it was flooded. I removed it and presto, the car came back alive.

The leak seemed to be pretty perfectly directed into the boot electronics module as there was no water anywhere else. The board was conformal coated but the connector headers were very corroded with some of the pins fully corroded away. I cleaned it all up with contact cleaner and IPA then desoldered a few unused legs from the connector header to resolder into the required pins. Cleaned it all up and plugged it back in and woop! everything back in order. I tried to find the leak but couldn't find it. There's what looks like some sort of air box above the electronics unit which I opened up but seemed all dry. I put a plastic bag over the top of the electronics module and keeping an eye on it, no more water on it since.

Hope that helps someone else in a similar situation.

Thanks,

Jake

Comment

Working...
      X