Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service vehicle soon fault ?

Hi,

Got Service vehicle soon up on dash plug-in OBD fault finder it came up with DTC U0073 code "Control module communication bus A off" has anyone had this before or what it is?

Thanks

Hello u0073 means one or more of the control modules is not communicating with the ECM .
    Either the can high or can low communication is lost .
    Depending on what kind of scanner you are using you may be able to do a full scan to see which control module is not communicating.
    From there you will have to get a good wiring diagram , to find the can high and low wires .and carry out an ohms test .
    Should be 60 ohms through either can high or low side .
    The can wires are in pairs they normally red and blue , and are twisted together. As they pass through the looms .
    But that's why you require a good wiring diagram .
    Very time consuming and frustrating .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
      Hello u0073 means one or more of the control modules is not communicating with the ECM .
      Either the can high or can low communication is lost .
      Depending on what kind of scanner you are using you may be able to do a full scan to see which control module is not communicating.
      From there you will have to get a good wiring diagram , to find the can high and low wires .and carry out an ohms test .
      Should be 60 ohms through either can high or low side .
      The can wires are in pairs they normally red and blue , and are twisted together. As they pass through the looms .
      But that's why you require a good wiring diagram .
      Very time consuming and frustrating .

Thanks for the reply I think it the code reader I got not communicating with car its an obd2 it clears the "service vehicle soon" but after a while, it pops back up on dash been looking at the opcom reader but can't find any that will work for a 2015 model insignia seem that they will only cover up to 2014 not sure what other scanners that will work

Comment

Vaux com

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Just an update got a opcom that worked fault was Glow plug cylinder 3 changed it and all sorted,

Comment

Hi. Just had to call the RAC. Car would go through normal pre-star bollocks but would not engage the starter. RAC put laptop on it, U0101 Transmission (auto) control module and U0073 Communication Canbus.
            Was out last Thursday west of London in that horrendous rain and lightning and it came up with a Service soon message and laboured to get up hills or maintain any speed. On the Friday it started with the same service soon message but drove ok. I put a cheap unit on it to see if there were any fault codes and it came up clear. I opted to clear faults anyway and got a perceptible kick from it, it was in drive at rest, brake depressed. Anyway. Took it for a long test drive, none of the problems I had before so I put it down to the weather.
            To cut an already too long story short the RAC guy shifted to drive and back to park and it started immediately. My dilemma now is do I chance it as a one off or should I take it in to vauxhall.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s weird, I had same message a few months ago. Took a wild stab in the dark at it being a glow plug.
              Removed each of the glow plug connectors, blew them out, put them back on and hey presto....... message never came back on since.!! Must have been a dirty connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X