Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xenons

Hi All,

I have a small issue with my headlights, being that it has xenon's, when switched on they do a little dance then set to the normal drive position.
    I've noticed recently on the odd occasion the offside seems to default to pointing over to the right, I only realised this as I switched on the high beam
    and anyone who has these light knows that its the same light it just changes the level of them. (pulls them into the centre and raises them bit like a squint)
    That's when I realised something was wrong, the near side responded straight away whilst the offside you could see it going through the motions.
    It does rectify itself turning the car off and restarting and there are no fault codes.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if so what did you do to rectify it.

Thanks

First time i have heard of this issue, but kind of thought it might be the motor and now not sure.

Comment

My Thought was the motor,
      I thought I was imagining it at first but I was driving through a wooded area at the time with no street lights
      I glanced to my right and couldn't believe how far into the wood I could see.
      It has the intelligent light distribution, and I'm just wondering if every now and again it has a funny turn.

Will just have to wait, see if it goes wrong altogether.

Comment

Useful for dogging
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Hi Again,
          Just an update
          The issue I have with the offside light, I have now tried a couple of things
          it only happens when in intelligent light distribution mode, if I switch the lights into cornering and bend mode they are fine.
          I noticed this morning whilst driving down a dark road and in intelligent mode when hitting 30mph the light rights itself, you can see it move into the normal position
          as soon as you drop below 30 it defaults to shining to the right, I know they must be speed dependant but I cant understand why it is doing this.
          Does anyone know how they find their level when you first switch them on.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Seanio View Post
            Hi Again,
            Just an update
            The issue I have with the offside light, I have now tried a couple of things
            it only happens when in intelligent light distribution mode, if I switch the lights into cornering and bend mode they are fine.
            I noticed this morning whilst driving down a dark road and in intelligent mode when hitting 30mph the light rights itself, you can see it move into the normal position
            as soon as you drop below 30 it defaults to shining to the right, I know they must be speed dependant but I cant understand why it is doing this.
            Does anyone know how they find their level when you first switch them on.

Thanks
            Late reply, this is something called town light, so the pedestrians are illuminated better at slower speeds, as the speed increase it changes the mode of light pattern

FROM: http://www.gmeurope.tvThis short screencast explains the funciotnality and technology behind the latest generation Opel Advance Forward Lighting techno...

Comment

Working...
            X