Just had another Vauhall dealer experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just had another Vauhall dealer experience

I had EXACTLY the same problem.??The recorder (mine in this case) comsumed 600 mAh.??So left overnight (approx 10hrs) it takes 6Amps out of the battery.??This will take about an hours worth of driving to put back in.??So the 40mins drive to work puts back in say 4A,??the recorder takes out another 5A (left in company car park for 8 hours)??I put back in 4A driving back home.

The net result is more than 3A per day lost.??This is compounded beacuse it never gets put back in so, after 10 days, you have lost 30A etc.??The car will start, but not allow the start stop to work because there isn't enough charge in the battery.??The car will still start when you want it??too, but the start stop wont work.?? This is the problem.?? You can test this by removing the constant feed to the recorder for 3 days, then the start stop will start working again.??Trust me and try it!??I have a switch on mine now to enable me to only turn on permanant recording when i'm somewhere dodgy - and after doing this the start stop wont work for a few days, until the battery is fully charged again.

P.S. If you've got a battery charger, leave the car on high charge overnight (remove the negative terminal though) and i bet the start stop will be working again

Comment

Don't worry - it's his camera system.??Nothing wrong with the battery or car - i think

Comment

Well, today my car went in for Infotainment recall, alloy recall, smoke from the bonnet when doing the DPF regen and the drivers seat backrest moving.....?? Dropped the car off at 08:00, but had to come home to get my paper part of the licence for the courtesy car (or they wouldn't give it to me!) Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!.??I called at 16:30 and they had only done the infotainment recall, and infact it was still in progress, so they have done nothing else to the car.??Hopefully they will have some news on proper progress tomorrow.....?? I do have a new Adam as courtesy car though and its not a bad car as far as the infotainment system goes - much better than the insignia to be honest!!

Anyway, Mitchell - Have you had any progress with the Start/Stop yet?

Comment

Will do M8.

You will have had many regens - but the car doesn't tell you!??I'm on about the 'silent regens' though that happen every 600 mile or so (all you notice is the revs go up on idle or the rear demister notification in the menu).

On mine, if i happen to stop at traffic lights etc, when it doing one, it looks as though the engine is on fire, with all the smoke!??I've even had other drivers beep at me and point!

Hopefulyy i'll get it back tomorrow, so will report back

Comment

Right, Had the recall for the infotainment done.??They are ordering a new backrest for the car.??The smoke is a result of a clip!!???? They have redesigned one to fit - They are ordering one.?? The alloy recall didn't apply to my atomic alloys......?? I can pick the car up and bring it back in next week, but i can't get the blooming ADAM courtesy car off the drive in the 6" of snow we have here... !!??Oh well, roll on tomorrow morning an we'll see what the snow is like then

Comment

Glad you got it sorted Mitchel.??Finally

Comment

I don't know about the battery voltage issue - it should really sit higher than 12.8, generally above 13V off-charge and well above 13V with the engine running. However the issue about running the cam overnight flattening the battery earlier was quite wrong. 600mA overnight as suggested will take somewhere between say 6 and 10 amp-hours depending on how long it's been left. Under normal conditions the alternator will make this up within 10-15 minutes of running even with various other consumers on. Depending on model the alternator can kick out around 100 amps if needed.

Comment

xtonys, on 21 January 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:
                  Hi

As a noob here, just wanted to know opinions on Network Q (NQ) warranties?

- can you *really* take your NQ car to any VX dealer and expect a good service?

I get the impression if you didnt buy from them, they dont do much to help...??Even another dealer within same franchise seems to only do basics.

- what is the general opinion around the UK on courtesy cars?

Seems to me a few VX dealers I spoke to only have basic Corsas available. I need to fit in 2 child seats and a double buggy... dealers seem at a loss regarding supplying bigger cars or hiring one into the branch.

- Can different dealers sell different NQ warranties?

Does this mean VX franchises sell one type, Arnold Clark or whoever sell another type?

- Has anyone had to pay an excess to claim through NQ warranty?

VX customer service told me could be ?100 per claim and to get a job done privately as less hassle.

- Anyone ever got Opel Germany involved in customer service, as they seem to have a better way of doing things in Europe from VX in UK?

- Last one from me... How can VX multi-point check cover wheel alignment if most dealers dont have a Hunter system or similar to find faults or fix them (only VX bodyshops can do)?

BTW This forum is great... between this and my new haynes manual, seem to be figuring things out. Just left with some private bills I shouldnt really have on an ?11000 4 year old car.

Recommended a VX senior technician search this forum recently for advice...

Thanks for any responses to these questions...

Tony

from what I gather from friends courtesy cars are a lottery depending where you are and what you drive.when we had our freelander 2 serviced we were given an hse version to use,then we had a disco 3,this was from a different dealership,it went into limp mode,a landrover engineer came out with his computer etc,said it had to go to be fixed(under warranty)they supplied me with disco 4 hse,which we had for four days(very nice) .my brother in law has a jag xf,when it was serviced they gave him the same car,when I got my siggy serviced they dropped me and swmbo at the bus stop in town .

Comment

Working...
                  X