revving high in 5th gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• revving high in 5th gear

Hi all, can anyone help me out please? I have noticed My insignia 2016 Sri 170 2.0ltr diesel seems to have started jumping revs in 5th when I hit 2000rpm. It jumps to 3000 then back down to 2000rpm and then continues pulling.

I am concerned it’s clutch slippage yet I have sports mode on my car & when I put it in sports mode the issue changes to 4th gear which seems really strange.

Anyone experienced the same or can offer any advice?

Typical my cars 3year warranty expired yesterday when the issue started & I couldn’t get in touch with any dealership. Will call them tomorrow to see where I stand but any advice would be appreciated.

Initial thoughts is clutch slipping, as that what it sounds likes. And looks like a garage job for them to diagnose the issue.

Comment

New clutch needed, My previous insignia done this and I left it and done 25k miles while it was doing this then decided to sell car as didn't want to got the expense of changing

Comment

Well had the verdict today from a dealers, definitely clutch slippage, said they will cover it under warranty if it’s a genuine part failure, however if it’s worn from driving then I will have to pay.

Good thing is I will only find out either way if they take it apart which is straight away £440 & if it is general ware they want a total of £1900 to replace it with the DMF!!
        Had a quote from an independent garage using oem parts of £950.

Not sure if it’s really worth gambling £440 on the off chance it’s a part failure!

Comment

I'm in same predicament going to cost 1200 because the dealer said it would be wear and tear so a m8 who's a mechanic said he'd do it clutch and slave cylinder 193. 00 through a m8 he dropped gearbox and found out crankshaft oil seal and gone so oil had got on clutch took all parts Inc flywheel to vauxhall they said there was no oil on clutch (there was) so wouldn't be covered under extended warranty going to cost about 900 all together cars only done 29000 I bought it at 25215 miles fuming is a understatement

Comment

Clutch should last more than 25k I'm having same problem git extended warranty but there saying its wear and tare I bought it 2nd hand from vauxhall dealer 14 months ago it had done 25215 when I got it now done just over 29800 blaming wear and tear so don't have to pay out

Comment

Originally posted by Paul yates View Post
              I'm in same predicament going to cost 1200 because the dealer said it would be wear and tear so a m8 who's a mechanic said he'd do it clutch and slave cylinder 193. 00 through a m8 he dropped gearbox and found out crankshaft oil seal and gone so oil had got on clutch took all parts Inc flywheel to vauxhall they said there was no oil on clutch (there was) so wouldn't be covered under extended warranty going to cost about 900 all together cars only done 29000 I bought it at 25215 miles fuming is a understatement
              Surely this has to be a fault somewhere, we seem to have exactly the same issue & seen others saying they have had at similar mileages. No way should a clutch only do 30k. I’ve had mine since June & only done 6k, fuming is an understatement so I know how you feel mate!

Comment

Clutch should last more than 25k I'm having same problem git extended warranty but there saying its wear and tare I bought it 2nd hand from vauxhall dealer 14 months ago it had done 25215 when I got it now done just over 29800 blaming wear and tear so don't have to pay out
                The clutch should definitely not be failing that early, mine is on 125k on the original clutch and not a single problem. They can't call wear and tear that early on surely!!
                2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Quote They can't call "wear and tear/driver error" to try and get out of paying big bills. In 40 odd years of driving i have had 2 clutches wear out but never below 85,000 mile considering i changed cars around every 2 years with at least 2 cars (mostly 3) at any one time and buy used most being over 4 years old ive had alot.

Comment

Hi Paul,

Please don’t have any work done yet, this issue is to familiar with just 3 of us here with the same model, same year & similar mileage so this had to be a fault. I am going direct to Vauxhall & if that doesn’t work onto auto express or so well known publication to see if they are interested in the story. I don’t believe either of us or others with the same issue should be paying this, there has to be a common issue there!

You mind dropping me you number in a DM?

Comment

If you read all the **** that comes with new clutches it does state 25k to 45k.
                      I know in reality most last a lot longer, but it is getting more common for clutches to fail now than ever before.
                      Speaking from someone who has just spent £1000 on clutch and flywheel etc. And I'm still not happy that it's right.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

I can not remember if it was the preface insignia or facelift insignia, quite a few had premature dmf failure failing at just 40k. Just saying yours with the clutch could be the same a bad batch which result in early failure.

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                          If you read all the **** that comes with new clutches it does state 25k to 45k.
                          Send us a link

Comment

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
                            X