Tyre sealant and tpms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre sealant and tpms

I have a slow leak. Is sticking a can of tyre goo in going to do something bad to the tpms sensor?

I would say once this stuff goes into they're, games over.

I'd pay the tenner and take it to a tyre place and get it fixed properly.
    If not, the goo's gonna cost you a tyre and a new sensor.

Comment

And a cost you a new tyre because they won't repair it once all that goo is in it
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I second that the only thing the sealant does is guarantee you a bill for new tyre and valve (TPMS) unit. Also but not ever using it i would imagine the sealant will send balance to pot and would be horrid to drive at speed.

Comment

As above the sealant is just a get you home fix nothing more and certainly not a long term fix bite the bullet and get it fixed properly

Comment

Sounds like original thread starter's username if quite relevant to the thought process on stopping leaks

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
              Sounds like original thread starter's username if quite relevant to the thought process on stopping leaks
              It isn't a random choice

Thanks all for the replies, it's what I figured. The front tyres aren't a matching pair anyway, so I was thinking about replacing them, but hoping not to do.

Comment

I would imagine the sealant will send balance to pot and would be horrid to drive at speed.
                Doesn't it stay liquid enough to be self balancing? It does on tubeless bike tyres afaik.

Comment

Originally posted by BodgeItAndScarper View Post
                  Doesn't it stay liquid enough to be self balancing? It does on tubeless bike tyres afaik.
                  I dont know never used it. If its just the valve that needs new seals (seen on ebay) you could just push tyre into the rim bead at the valve side then get your hand in to remove valve replace o rings and refit then apply washing up liquid to tyre and blow it back up. there is plenty youtube videos on pushing tyres off rim. Do search for "break a tire bead" Couple here:-
                  Use just two common garage tools to unseat even the most stubborn tire beads. Seriously easy, and won't damage your wheel !People have asked why I went throu...

Link to this video's blog posting with text summary and hi-res photo gallery. http://www.toddfun.com/2016/05/23/how-to-mount-and-balance-a-car-tire-yourself ...

Comment

I dont know never used it
                    I've never actually used it. Thought about it, but a pump was cheaper...

That valve thing sounds useful. Or at least good for showing off, which is even better

Comment

I have one of the units as in second video, in fact tis sat in garage with one of my renault wheels on it, the rim has corroded inside and is allowing air out so i've sanded the affected side,Applied bead seal (its a bit like underseal) so letting it dry overnight with it being cold also cannot blow back up tonight as compressor is loud and next doors kids in bed.

Comment

Working...
                      X