4WD is awesome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4WD is awesome!

Not had any proper snow myself yet this year, but must agree it was absolutely fantastic system when I last did.

Surely the measure on how good a system is, is whether you got stuck or not? I don't call easily driving past cars sliding all over the place shite myself, but haven't had the pleasure of finding conditions where it gets stuck yet.

Having had a Disco 3 up the hill at Ravenscraig (for those who know it) 4WD is awesome. Saw a numpty in a 1 series trying to get up the gentlest of slopes, having stopped on it instead of starting from the flat and taking a run at it, slip and slide and not get up it. Told him to reverse back to the flat and try again. Did he? Nope, idiot tried to keep going in the middle of roadwork traffic lights!! Snows easy to drive on if you're sensible! Although the Disco could go anywhere as if it was dry and sunny!

Comment

And a 5 series hatchback at that!!!

Comment

Very nice indeed. I think the shite systems are the intelligent 4x4. The vxr is real 4wd isn't it?

Comment

I base that on my dad crashing his crv in the snow when my astra was fine.

Comment

Working...
          X