Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sparky Paul View Post
    Noooo!

I think they have ironed out some of the problems with them now, but what a disaster that 1.6hdi has been over the years.
    Hopefully even the petrol pug 1.6 used in the gti suffered many problems. Just one I remember from the 208 gti is the timing chain would jump bending valves etc.

Yet going back to the earlier saxo and 106 1.6 16v they were great took plenty of abuse and could be boosted

Comment

Clearly PSA have no intention of putting the 4-cylinder 1.6T, with approx. 160 or 225 bhp,into the Insignia, and have opted for the 3-cylinder petrol engines as part of their strategy of lowering costs and emissions. The Insignia as we know it is clearly doomed, even if it does resurface as an SUV. If it comes to a dogfight between the Insignia and the Peugeot 508, the 508 would clearly be retained by PSA, in spite of its high price and poor sales figures.

Comment

Originally posted by john_k_sri View Post
        Clearly PSA have no intention of putting the 4-cylinder 1.6T, with approx. 160 or 225 bhp,into the Insignia, and have opted for the 3-cylinder petrol engines as part of their strategy of lowering costs and emissions. The Insignia as we know it is clearly doomed, even if it does resurface as an SUV. If it comes to a dogfight between the Insignia and the Peugeot 508, the 508 would clearly be retained by PSA, in spite of its high price and poor sales figures.
        Is there any reason for this? VW don't drop Seat and Skoda 'rival' models.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
          Is there any reason for this? VW don't drop Seat and Skoda 'rival' models.....
          I take your point, but Seat have dropped their D-segment 'Exeo' which was a rebadged previous-generation Audi A4, which was not a great seller, and Seat have since pointed their prospective customers towards the Leon and Toledo, which are C-segment models, like the Vauxhall Astra.

I can understand PSA effectively implying that there is likely to be insufficient demand for a second D-segment car. The Insignia B was deliberately released and marketed as a keenly-priced improvement on what preceded it. Unfortunately sales have dropped by 50% recently.

Sign of the times.

Comment

Originally posted by john_k_sri View Post
            I take your point, but Seat have dropped their D-segment 'Exeo' which was a rebadged previous-generation Audi A4, which was not a great seller, and Seat have since pointed their prospective customers towards the Leon and Toledo, which are C-segment models, like the Vauxhall Astra.

I can understand PSA effectively implying that there is likely to be insufficient demand for a second D-segment car. The Insignia B was deliberately released and marketed as a keenly-priced improvement on what preceded it. Unfortunately sales have dropped by 50% recently.

Sign of the times.
            sales would appear to be bette than suggested according to this article: https://www.just-auto.com/analysis/i..._id188154.aspx

Comment

Yes, but that article was dated April 2019, and referred to 2019 Q1 sales. By all accounts, the Insignia fared less well in the later quarters of that year.
              2018 1.5T SRi Nav
              Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

I don’t think it looks too bad. IMO, it adds a subtle touch of classiness, but the front end seems a bit bland. I’m not a huge fan of the looks for the new insignia, but this facelift version is an improvement in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                  Yes, but that article was dated April 2019, and referred to 2019 Q1 sales. By all accounts, the Insignia fared less well in the later quarters of that year.
                  oh well that's not good then,.... I left Alfa back in the mid 00's as VX was a much better bet at the time, better cars as well,.. Alfa now,.. cost an arm and a leg

Comment

Does that mean that VX has split from Opel?
                    Or will Opel merge with pug too

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                      Does that mean that VX has split from Opel?
                      Or will Opel merge with pug too
                      Vauxhall and Opel are all part of PSA Peugeot now.

Soon to merge with Fiat Chrysler too.

Comment

thead

Comment

See that Peugeot are trying to do something about their image - https://www.thedrum.com/news/2020/01...comedy-channel
                          Maybe they could just make some more interesting cars instead?
                          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Working...
                          X