Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum Key Rings
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky Paul View Post
    Noooo!

I think they have ironed out some of the problems with them now, but what a disaster that 1.6hdi has been over the years.
    Hopefully even the petrol pug 1.6 used in the gti suffered many problems. Just one I remember from the 208 gti is the timing chain would jump bending valves etc.

Yet going back to the earlier saxo and 106 1.6 16v they were great took plenty of abuse and could be boosted

Car
    Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport 1.5T Design (165)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clearly PSA have no intention of putting the 4-cylinder 1.6T, with approx. 160 or 225 bhp,into the Insignia, and have opted for the 3-cylinder petrol engines as part of their strategy of lowering costs and emissions. The Insignia as we know it is clearly doomed, even if it does resurface as an SUV. If it comes to a dogfight between the Insignia and the Peugeot 508, the 508 would clearly be retained by PSA, in spite of its high price and poor sales figures.

3. Likes Alex421 liked
    Car
    Insignia GS VXLine 170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john_k_sri View Post
    Clearly PSA have no intention of putting the 4-cylinder 1.6T, with approx. 160 or 225 bhp,into the Insignia, and have opted for the 3-cylinder petrol engines as part of their strategy of lowering costs and emissions. The Insignia as we know it is clearly doomed, even if it does resurface as an SUV. If it comes to a dogfight between the Insignia and the Peugeot 508, the 508 would clearly be retained by PSA, in spite of its high price and poor sales figures.
    Is there any reason for this? VW don't drop Seat and Skoda 'rival' models.....

Car
    Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport 1.5T Design (165)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewy1971 View Post
    Is there any reason for this? VW don't drop Seat and Skoda 'rival' models.....
    I take your point, but Seat have dropped their D-segment 'Exeo' which was a rebadged previous-generation Audi A4, which was not a great seller, and Seat have since pointed their prospective customers towards the Leon and Toledo, which are C-segment models, like the Vauxhall Astra.

I can understand PSA effectively implying that there is likely to be insufficient demand for a second D-segment car. The Insignia B was deliberately released and marketed as a keenly-priced improvement on what preceded it. Unfortunately sales have dropped by 50% recently.

Sign of the times.

Car
    Insignia GS VXLine 170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by john_k_sri View Post
    I take your point, but Seat have dropped their D-segment 'Exeo' which was a rebadged previous-generation Audi A4, which was not a great seller, and Seat have since pointed their prospective customers towards the Leon and Toledo, which are C-segment models, like the Vauxhall Astra.

I can understand PSA effectively implying that there is likely to be insufficient demand for a second D-segment car. The Insignia B was deliberately released and marketed as a keenly-priced improvement on what preceded it. Unfortunately sales have dropped by 50% recently.

Sign of the times.
    sales would appear to be bette than suggested according to this article: https://www.just-auto.com/analysis/i..._id188154.aspx

Rab's deputy - Mind where you post or I'll have you too! PeteH's Avatar
    Car
    1.5T SRi Nav GS, lava red, bi-colour alloys, full leather, reversing camera and lots of toys!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but that article was dated April 2019, and referred to 2019 Q1 sales. By all accounts, the Insignia fared less well in the later quarters of that year.

2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!)

8. Thanks john_k_sri Thanked
    Car
    2016 Insignia Sri 2.0 CDTI 170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I donít think it looks too bad. IMO, it adds a subtle touch of classiness, but the front end seems a bit bland. Iím not a huge fan of the looks for the new insignia, but this facelift version is an improvement in my eyes.

Car
    Insignia GS VXLine 170
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteH View Post
    Yes, but that article was dated April 2019, and referred to 2019 Q1 sales. By all accounts, the Insignia fared less well in the later quarters of that year.
    oh well that's not good then,.... I left Alfa back in the mid 00's as VX was a much better bet at the time, better cars as well,.. Alfa now,.. cost an arm and a leg

Car
    VX Insignia Sri 160 2.0 cdti / Renault Sport Clio 182FF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does that mean that VX has split from Opel?
    Or will Opel merge with pug too

Car
    2012 Tourer Elite Nav 2.0 CDTi 160 ecoFlex SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex421 View Post
    Does that mean that VX has split from Opel?
    Or will Opel merge with pug too
    Vauxhall and Opel are all part of PSA Peugeot now.

Soon to merge with Fiat Chrysler too.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast