Insignia 130 remapping burnt out my clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr-matt13 View Post
    So do I change the mapping to less torque, or just look at replacing the clutch?
    clutch,flywheel and slave cyl
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Yeah maybe. I've had the car nearly 4 years and most of my time in it has been city driving. Couple of times over the years the clutch has had a burning smell reversing on a hill etc.

Has anyone got any links where to buy a replacement clutch from?

Comment

Yeah maybe. I've had the car nearly 4 years and most of my time in it has been city driving. Couple of times over the years the clutch has had a burning smell reversing on a hill etc.

Just goole, euro car parts, autovaux. Depends where you are based but MB motors keithley west yorks charge £800 for the clutch dmf and csc fitted
        The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

OK. Thank you. I'll get someone to check it out.

Am I OK to keep driving it as it is or can I damage anything else if I don't get this sorted ASAP?

Comment

They aren't cheap! This one will do for yours

You should try to change gear in future making sure that your revs when shifting stay between 1.3k and 1.9k to avoid excess strain on the clutch and DMF, you can still go fast you just need to change gear as smooth as possible, as long as you roughly match the revs going in and out of a gear change you can make a clutch last a very long time
            2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
            honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post
              They aren't cheap! This one will do for yours

You should try to change gear in future making sure that your revs when shifting stay between 1.3k and 1.9k to avoid excess strain on the clutch and DMF, you can still go fast you just need to change gear as smooth as possible, as long as you roughly match the revs going in and out of a gear change you can make a clutch last a very long time
              OK. That's not at all how I've been driving this car for the last 4 years. ��

I'll try that tomorrow and see how it goes.

Cheers

Comment

I'll try that tomorrow and see how it goes.

Cheers
                Avoid that seller ! Look at techniclutch on trust pilot.
                The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

So could this be more my driving style? I was flooring it starting in 3rd at 3k rpm which was causing the clutch to slip.

Is that normal or is my clutch knackered??

Comment

Mmmmm Me thinks the driving style not helped

Comment

So could this be more my driving style? I was flooring it starting in 3rd at 3k rpm which was causing the clutch to slip.

Your clutch is probably knackered anyway now, but I'm just saying it could have been prevented. But you can learn from it and keep the next one going for a lot longer. But it is gonna need changing. You can adjust your driving now and it may feel better but if it's gone it's gone and will eventually happen no matter how you drive, or worse lock up so you can't change gear, which isn't fun when your on the motorway
                      honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

did you take driving lessons

Comment

Originally posted by Nicksri View Post
                          Avoid that seller ! Look at techniclutch on trust pilot.
                          Oops, was just showing an example of the right kit

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                            did you take driving lessons
                            Yeah, but not in this car.

Was just testing it today. Until I broke it.

Comment

best buy automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                                best buy automatic.
                                I was thinking the same thing. My car felt like an automatic earlier when it was slipping and catching the clutch.

Comment

Working...
                                X