• Show
Clear All

That will do sir .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
      That will do sir .
      Cool. Thanks. Now just finding someone to fit it.

I guess I'll have no warranty on that part as my car has been remapped?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr-matt13 View Post
        Cool. Thanks. Now just finding someone to fit it.

I guess I'll have no warranty on that part as my car has been remapped?
        Just act as if you didn't know "wink wink "
        Do a shaggy !

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Where are you based?

Comment

Originally posted by Samyam View Post
            Where are you based?
            Norwich.

Comment

Norwich.
              Is the a a1 clutches by you? £800 all in todo the clutch on my vectra

Comment

Originally posted by Samyam View Post
                Is the a a1 clutches by you? £800 all in todo the clutch on my vectra
                I'll check but I might know a couple of people who can do it.

Cheers

Comment

Hello all again. Thanks for all the info before. I haven't had my clutch replaced yet because it doesn't seem to slip until I get into the higher gears and higher revs, and even then I'm not 100% sure it is a clutch issue. There only seems to be something strange when I'm changing up the gears on a dual carriageway and changing from 3rd to 4th, or 4th to 5th at 3k rpm. Instead of the revs going down to about 1.5k on the new gear, it seems to over-rev starting at 2.5k and doesn't pull the car like I would expect. I assume this is the clutch slipping (?).

Does this still sound like a goosed clutch or could it be anything to do with the remap, or anything else? I haven't had the smell of a burnt clutch or any smoke since the day I got the remap done and tried to floor it on a slip road to a dual carriageway.

If I do need to get the clutch replaced, is it worth upping the gear box at the same time? Is there a higher torgue rated gear box I can use for my 180bhp engine remap? Would a performance gearbox match with the replacement Sachs clutch I found before?

I do about 90% of my driving around the city, I guess this would also be a factor in what type of gearbox I would need.

Cheers.

Comment

I would take it back to the remap place and have them put it back to original map and then test out your car again see if the problem has been helped. If it has then leave the original map on.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                      I would take it back to the remap place and have them put it back to original map and then test out your car again see if the problem has been helped. If it has then leave the original map on.
                      Tbh I'd rather spend a bit of money and get my car sorted out for a while. If my clutch is on the way out and this remap has exposed it then I might as well get it fixed with the remap in place.

And if I'm getting a new clutch I could get the gearbox changed too as I guess they need to remove the gearbox to change the clutch (?).

Comment

Many years/decades even ago when I lived down in Peterborough I had a Vauxhall Nova Sport which I was tuning. There was a company called Car Quip at Barroway Drove, Downham Market. They were a breaker but knew everything there was to know about Vauxhalls. For instance they knew what parts you needed to fit the 2.0 litre Astra engine into a Nova, drive shafts gearboxes, the lot. They did kits so you could do it yourself. A friend of mine did! I just googled them and they are still there. Why not give them a bell, they should know what will fit and what won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                          Many years/decades even ago when I lived down in Peterborough I had a Vauxhall Nova Sport which I was tuning. There was a company called Car Quip at Barroway Drove, Downham Market. They were a breaker but knew everything there was to know about Vauxhalls. For instance they knew what parts you needed to fit the 2.0 litre Astra engine into a Nova, drive shafts gearboxes, the lot. They did kits so you could do it yourself. A friend of mine did! I just googled them and they are still there. Why not give them a bell, they should know what will fit and what won't.
                          Nice one. Thanks.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean about revs not going back to 1.5k when switching gears, the revs will only start an 1.5k when you switch to 4th at 40mph, if your are going faster than 40mph when you switch to 4th your revs will be higher.
                            2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                            honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post
                              I'm not sure what you mean about revs not going back to 1.5k when switching gears, the revs will only start an 1.5k when you switch to 4th at 40mph, if your are going faster than 40mph when you switch to 4th your revs will be higher.
                              Yes, but when I'm trying to change up through the gears now on a dual carriageway the engine over revs when I go from 3rd to 4th, or higher. And it feels like theres no torque or pull on the car when I try to accelerate at that time.

At first I thought the mapping was wrong and the engine was revving way too much for what it needed, but everyone has said it's the clutch slipping because of the higher torque in those gears. Which it probably is because of all the smoke and burnt rubber smell coming from around the engine the first time I had this issue.

Comment

Yes, but when I'm trying to change up through the gears now on a dual carriageway the engine over revs when I go from 3rd to 4th, or higher. And it feels like theres no torque or pull on the car when I try to accelerate at that time.

At first I thought the mapping was wrong and the engine was revving way too much for what it needed, but everyone has said it's the clutch slipping because of the higher torque in those gears. Which it probably is because of all the smoke and burnt rubber smell coming from around the engine the first time I had this issue.

I think your only option is to change your clutch, not point having a remap that you can't have fun with
                                2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                                honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Working...
                                X