Tensioner gone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tensioner gone!

Was driving today and my steering went. Pulled over got the battery charge warning. Checked under the bonnet and the belts off. Checked the belt, all seemed fine. Didn't have any of my tools with me as I'd left them out of the car yesterday typically, and the air box needed removing to stand any chance at putting the belt back on. Called the AA. They came out 2 hours later, I helped him get the belt back on and the tensioner is gone, doesn't spring back and the belt is sitting with a 3rd overhanging the edge of the tensioner. So it's just a matter of time untill it's back off again! Just trying to get in touch with the local garage to try and get one in today, as I've got to drive to a job interview tomorrow for the best looking job yet!
    2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
    honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Hope you get it sorted. [emoji106]
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
      Hope you get it sorted. [emoji106]
      Thanks, just wondering what would have put strain on the tensioner, it's clearly out of place, first time I've had to even look at it
      honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Maybe it’s just worn out.

Oh and good luck with the interview.
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

jeez...…...your no having much luck are you?

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
            jeez...…...your no having much luck are you?
            Tell me about it! Got to drive an hour tomorrow and just hope for the best, can't miss out on the job, so I'm really hoping it stays on. AA guy said there is every chance it's been like that since I bought it, had not long gone through a deep puddle that I think knocked it off

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post
              Tell me about it! Got to drive an hour tomorrow and just hope for the best, can't miss out on the job, so I'm really hoping it stays on. AA guy said there is every chance it's been like that since I bought it, had not long gone through a deep puddle that I think knocked it off
              Where's your interview?

Comment

Where's your interview?
                Glen Lyon estate

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post
                  Glen Lyon estate
                  Not just far from you then.
                  It's nice up there.

Comment

Not just far from you then.
                    It's nice up there.
                    Yeah just an hour, just took the car out with all my tools with me, got a bit more faith in it now. Really nice if I get the job, comes with a 3 bed house and a brand new car. So if I get it my wife will get the new car, and I will go nuts with the insignia!

Comment

good luck for tomorrow buddy

Comment

Best of luck, pal.
                        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Hope all goes well
                          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Just ordered one yesterday @ 36 quid from autodoc if you're able to do it yourself.

Comment

Good luck with the interview

Comment

Working...
                              X