Knock sound from cam area help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yaza01 View Post
    Its both cold and warm but only at idle seen that the crank pulley is chipped so.will change that and see how i get on cheers
    When you say chipped, you are not confusing this with a timing mark are you?

Comment

Noo.its the actuall harmonic balancer

Comment

Noo.its the actuall harmonic balancer
        Did it fix it the replacement?

Comment

Nope havent done it yet back order at dealers saying its a production problem

Comment

Nope havent done it yet back order at dealers saying its a production problem
            Hope you get it sorted soon

Comment

Did you sort the problem? What was the noise? I got similar noise as well!!

Comment

Hello fernandopavlova this thread is for a noise from cam area on the 2.8 litre insignia.

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hi,

Check if the intake collector isn't broken inside, I had a noise started with with stopped changed to foward I heard also an iron sound of something that clicked or moved, it could be also a thicking sound, garage didn't knew.

2 months later turbo busted, a piece of the collector went through it.

so new collector around 380 euro, new turbo 700 euro, and a lot of hours, a friend of me did, otherwise it was 3 times the price I think

Comment

Working...
                  X