• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toys for the car

Picked these up today.

nice addition man

Comment

Is it the 522gw? I got one a couple of weeks ago, very pleased with the camera units, although the Alexa and SOS functions are a pain. Alexa needs your phone to default to that as main assistant (rather than OK Google}, and the SOS functions needs the Nextbase app running, which can eat into battery life if your phone's not plugged in and charging. I'll probably only use the SOS on long runs.
      2018 1.5T SRi Nav
      Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
        Is it the 522gw? I got one a couple of weeks ago, very pleased with the camera units, although the Alexa and SOS functions are a pain. Alexa needs your phone to default to that as main assistant (rather than OK Google}, and the SOS functions needs the Nextbase app running, which can eat into battery life if your phone's not plugged in and charging. I'll probably only use the SOS on long runs.
        Big black letters on box saying 522

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

What, those black letters on a black background? Their graphics department sure know how to make it stand out, don't they?
          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Yeah 522gw. just been trying to set it up now. What a nightmare it is to do. Couldn’t find the device on the Alexa app. Turns out it’s under headphones. I don’t use google or Siri anyway not sure tbh if I’ll use Alexa

Comment

So how does the alexa bit work ?
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                So how does the alexa bit work ?
                I honestly don’t know. Looks up videos YouTube and a lot of them it was doin Alexa through the phone and not the camera. I have a feeling that will get turned off at some point.

Comment

It works same as OK google. You need to set alexa as assistant on your phone, basically its just a mic that sends voice commands to your phone. Your phone does it all. SOS requires the app to be running which is a huge resource hog.
                  Same as all WiFi dashcams, if you leave the WiFi switched on it lowers your recorded resolution. It has to, how else can it live stream if your camera is working to max .
                  Its still a good camera, just lacks proper parking mode, but does do a good job with only a 2 wire hardwire kit. [emoji106]

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

You can still connect through the app without streaming the camera output, which reduces the drain a bit. I've got the modular rear-view camera that clips to the main unit and shots through the rear screen. Quality is surprisingly good.
                    And it does have a parking mode, but I found that if it was enabled permanently it started recording as soon as I opened the car door, and drained the camera's internal battery quickly. Probably ok if you're, say, parking in a city centre for the day and want to monitor any bumps it might receive whilst parked, but not for day-to-day use.
                    2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Just reading online that you can set up speed camera alerts. Can’t seem to find though how to do this. Any idea gents??

Comment

I have the 322gw in mine with the rear view camera fixed to it and I asked the same question about the speed camera alerts----the reply's I got was that they don't have it---I did have it in my Mio mivue dashcam but they are so unreliable that I changed to Nextbase-------Dave

Comment

You can still connect through the app without streaming the camera output, which reduces the drain a bit. I've got the modular rear-view camera that clips to the main unit and shots through the rear screen. Quality is surprisingly good.
                          And it does have a parking mode, but I found that if it was enabled permanently it started recording as soon as I opened the car door, and drained the camera's internal battery quickly. Probably ok if you're, say, parking in a city centre for the day and want to monitor any bumps it might receive whilst parked, but not for day-to-day use.
                          Yeah that's what I said . Parking mode uses 3 wires, ACC, permanent and earth. The camera records from motion sensors and uses power direct from battery but is protected by the hardwire kit. Got mine set at 12.2 volts, but still playing and setting it all up. Nextbase use internal battery as you say, still does a decent job from what iv seen thou.

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                            It works same as OK google. You need to set alexa as assistant on your phone, basically its just a mic that sends voice commands to your phone. Your phone does it all. SOS requires the app to be running which is a huge resource hog.
                            Same as all WiFi dashcams, if you leave the WiFi switched on it lowers your recorded resolution. It has to, how else can it live stream if your camera is working to max .
                            Its still a good camera, just lacks proper parking mode, but does do a good job with only a 2 wire hardwire kit. [emoji106]
                            I didn't understand a word of that,ffs,i cant even post straight pics now
                            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                              I didn't understand a word of that,ffs,i cant even post straight pics now
                              Basically most parking modes use motion detection. Some cams use their internally battery to do this, but obviously has limited time available.

3 wire hardwire cams are powered while driving from the ACC circuit like everything else. Now if it was powered directly from the battery it would drain the battery.
                              The second wire is connected directly to battery, the cam knows when the car is switched off, then switches over to the battery of the car for power. But online there is a voltage regulator which you can set to say 12.2 volts. So if your battery gets to 12.2 volts it will power down the camera to save your car battery. Obviously this systems can give hours and hours of parking mode against the internal camera battery.

Geesh now I'm lost

Comment

Working...
                              X