Weird!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird!

I've had issues with my alarm going off if I lock the car with the key fob. Obviously it doesn't go off i lock the car manually with the key. OK so solved that issue by removing the sounder completely (i'm getting a new one). However just recently the car won't lock or unlock unless I point the fob to the front doors and stand close to it. In other words it won't lock if i point the key to the tailgate. Is there a rear sensor?? and also if so can they fail or does anyone this it's because the sounder has been removed. I'm thinking (Logically) this is a coincidence but not sure now!! HELP!!!thead

Hello Janey could be the battery in the remote fob itself starting to fail .
    Battery's are replaceable, and should be replaced like a battery in a smoke alarm ( once a year ) but that's my little thing .
    A good test ( if you don't mind doing it ) is to stick the remote under your chin and press it to see if it amplifies( improves ) the range .
    If it does then battery requires replacement
    Once replaced stick key in ignition for 10 seconds and press lock / unlock button , it just helps sync key .
    If you have 2 keys replace both there batteries and carry out process above.
    The power sounder unit is just for the alarm sounder , not the central locking.
    Sorry for waffling on .
    But you get the idea

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
    X