Customising fog light covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customising fog light covers

Afternoon all, it's been a while since my last post, very busy etc...(You get the idea)!
    I am contemplating doing some minor cosmetic tweaks by adding 3-6mm red pinstriping around the fog light covers, across the lower front grille and across the black plastic trim on the bottom of the rear bumper.
    I have experimented but can't seem to get it to stick properly; does anyone have any suggestions as to why?
    Attached photo edit of what I want to achieveClick image for larger version

Name:	20200114_095047.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	249496

Try giving the area a good clean with a bit of brake cleaner on a cloth to get rid dirt/contaminants/wax.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

For the fog surrounds I would use the stuff that you have to wedge right in the gap, doesn't seem to move after
      2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
      honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

For the centre splitter the "U" shaped piping with a bit of glue and some pegs to hold it on while it sets
        2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
        honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by RikLFB View Post
          Afternoon all, it's been a while since my last post, very busy etc...(You get the idea)!
          I am contemplating doing some minor cosmetic tweaks by adding 3-6mm red pinstriping around the fog light covers, across the lower front grille and across the black plastic trim on the bottom of the rear bumper.
          I have experimented but can't seem to get it to stick properly; does anyone have any suggestions as to why?
          Attached photo edit of what I want to achieve[ATTACH=CONFIG]3336[/ATTACH]
          Panel wipe takes anything off

Comment

Working...
          X