Diesel or petrol?...🤔

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
    Where abouts in the country are you? If you're within striking distance of Ripon you could try Clark's, they have a good turnover of insignias (although a bit sparse ATM). https://www.clarkmotorcompany.co.uk/...orth-yorkshire
    I went from a 2.0CDTi pre-facelift to a 1.5T SRi and am very happy, totally different motor.
    Bought mine from there, absolutely love it and the experience there was soooo much better than going to any dealer I have been to!

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
      And the 2.0 petrol was an option on the Elite, I believe
      In the mk1, the 2.0T 220PS was mostly seen in Elite or SRi until the facelift, after which it became a 2.0T 250PS in Elite or VX-Line.

In the mk2, the 2.0T was 260PS in Elite or VX-Line and all had 4wd and were all automatic gearboxes. Unfortunately, with the mk2 2.0T even the Elite had 19-20" alloys meaning tyres are very expensive and both tyres and rims are easily kerbed or damaged by potholes.

Comment

I've found theres a 1.6T 200PS SRi VX Line 200PS available

.gonna cost me a little more but gonna go for one of those!...

Comment

Originally posted by Violator101 View Post
          I've found theres a 1.6T 200PS SRi VX Line 200PS available

.gonna cost me a little more but gonna go for one of those!...
          Best of luck. And don't forget to post some piccies when you've got it!
          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

I will mate!
            I'm well excited!...

Comment

DPF really only gets clogged if you don't do any long runs , I recently had dpf warning on so had a quick blast up and down mway and regenerated so not an issue , but I'd still go petrol as with the green brigade on the march us diesel owners will soon be hanging from lamposts.

Comment

I’ve got the 1.5 in my sri tourer, more than happy with it.

Comment

I would say petrol due to your mileage.
                  Have a test drive in a 1.5T see if you like it first. The 2.0T prob thirsty in comparison.

Comment

Do the petrol's feel a lot different to the diesel's?...
                    I've got Drive Vauxhall Leicester hunting down a 1.6T 200PS for me, they found me a 68 plate the other day but it had done 30K!...

Comment

Do the petrol's feel a lot different to the diesel's?...
                      I've got Drive Vauxhall Leicester hunting down a 1.6T 200PS for me, they found me a 68 plate the other day but it had done 30K!...
                      We all driven petrol and had to work the gears, but since driving the turbo diesels with their nice low down torque it makes driving very nice and relaxing (or lazy some will say), so when you get back in a petrol you will need to rework those gears for instant speed you want.

Comment

Petrol is very nice in automatic as it works the gears for you and you just put your foot down. Being in the wrong gear can make your car feel like powerless.

Comment

I've always drove petrol anyway mate...

Comment

Switched from a 2.0CDTi diesel 165 to a 1.5T petrol 165, and to be honest I've not really noticed much difference (except for more frequent fuel stops due to lower mpg and smaller tank). Anyway, you'll be too busy playing with the toys on a GS to even notice
                            Last edited by PeteH; 22-01-2020, 01:50 PM.
                            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

I've always drove petrol anyway mate...
                              No issue driving the petrol version.

It's only been driving diesel for years then going back you notice the difference in power delivery.

Comment

Yeah they've got bags of toys to play with haven't they mate...��

Comment

Working...
                                X