Anyone got a Renault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got a Renault

OK so today we went shopping in Renault Modus (Clio) and Mrs forgot to put the seat belt on, I get a light on dash and audible warning as soon as I get over a certain speed (around 5mph) if I don't fasten belt but what I cannot recall is does it or should it also put light on and sound buzzer if passenger has not fastened there seat belt. Further if it should would it be a MOT fail?

Doubt they’d even test it. Don’t tend to go above 5mph on an MOT!

Comment

No it would not be an mot failure, because it's more of a reminder system rather than a safety system, and not every car has that kind of reminder system installed.
      My wife's qashqai has that system installed for all 5 seat belts
      Rather than my 9-3s have audiable and light for drivers and just a light for the front passenger
      My vectra has just a light for both fronts

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks guys also having done some googling for parts list it looks like there is only the drivers side seat belt holder that has a switch.

Comment

Both fronts on 2004 clio

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
            Both fronts on 2004 clio
            Mmmm could be due to higher spec of yours, I,m going to have a look see if there is any wires to belt holder/clip When sun gets round and warms things up a little.

Comment

Not sure. I was under the impression anything with a passenger airbag had to have warning?

Comment

Ok just looked and only drivers side has wire going into seat belt clip so nothing to fix, that said I have just seen a set of leather seats for sale and tempted (do like mi leather).

Comment

I'm thinking the same with the insignia

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                    I'm thinking the same with the insignia
                    Go for it now you have sorted oil pressure issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                      Go for it now you have sorted oil pressure issue.
                      Could be on the cards

Comment

The MOT testing manual is available online.

Inspection processes and rules for car, private bus and light commercial vehicle (class 3, 4, 5 and 7 vehicle) MOT tests.

I don't see anything about seatbelt warning systems at all - no 'If fitted, must be working' comments like for abs etc.

Comment

Daughter has a 2015 Clio ,it has audible ,which gets louder,and louder if you ignore it,and im sure the flashing seatbelt light is in the overhead central part where the courtesy light is
                          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                          X