Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAB Signal Drop out. Hatchback 15.

Hi all.

I love listening to Planet Rock, but reception is hit and miss. Other stations ok. No problem in my wife’s Hyundai. I’ve tried re tune/battery disconnect, but get the same issue.

Any ideas welcomed. Thanks.

Should have added, it’s a factory fitted/non Nav. Cheers.

Comment

Have you got anything plugged into the USB sockets?
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
        Have you got anything plugged into the USB sockets?

Nothing in usb, but Dash Cam in 12v outlet. Same issue pre/post Dash Cam though. Thanks.

Comment

I had no issues with mine, except certain stations dropped when I put the heated rear window on.

Do you have and LEDs fitted to your car???
          Dab doesn't like LEDs apparently.

Comment

If not, sell yours and keep your wife's Hyundai

Comment

I have issues with my 13 plate tourer dab is so poor compared to the wife’s tourneo

Comment

Dab and Radio is poor on the Insignia A in my opinion, my reception is crap.

Perfect signal in my Mazda 6

Comment

Have you it set to national stations,I've no bother with the nationals,its the regional stations that drop out now and again
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I find DAB rubbish but i prefer to drive without the radio on, find i concentrate better, discovered it when one of my previous cars was a jap import and std radio only picked up radio 2

Comment

Had the same issue, mine was a battery issue, changed battery all DAB stations working without any issues.

Comment

Where abouts in the country are you? Planet Rock is lousy for signal strength in my neck of the woods (Yorkshire Pennines), ever since they changed frequency a couple of years ago. Same in my previous Insignia A and current B
                        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

I am in Northampton, will check Planet Rock. I was trying to pick up a London DAB station, worked fine in London but not in Northampton. Once a I changed the old Varta battery with a Bosch one, with slightly higher amps. old one was 720A 75Ah new one is 740A 80Ah all worked fine in Northampton, also the radio was much clearer. Have a 13 plate insignia before the facelift.

Comment

Hello MR Pav by changing the battery you may well of done the usual trick that we sometimes ask people to do if they have electrical gremlins, and that is to disconnect the battery for a while ,
                            But down here DAB can be hit and miss but only on dare I say it Virgin radio , heart ,jazz FM , smooth , capital and local stations on DAB signal .
                            The only ones that give full coverage are the BBC stations .
                            Though on my Saab I fitted an aftermarket DAB radio , and used it with the stick on type antenna, which I knew was going to rubbish and I was right .
                            So in the end I purchased an amplified FM/DAB bee sting antenna to replace the roof mounted shark fin .
                            And never again did I have stations that sounded like they were being presented by the aliens out of the Smash adverts .
                            Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I'm sure the original version of the film Grease had a song about DAB dropout .
                              It went " teenage DAB Dropout ,,,,,,doooooo dooooooo dooooooo doooooo , I can't listen to planet rock .....
                              Teenage DAB Dropout you are such a C**K doooooo doooooooo dooooooo dooooooo
                              Teenage DAB Dropout you sound like your on ! Doooooo dooooooo doooooo dooooooo
                              Teenage DAB Dropout Just like an Alien.Doooooo Dooooooo Dooooooo Dooooooo
                              Alll sing along now !

.K.M.P.C.U
                              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                              X