VX Insignia Sri 160 2.0 cdti / Renault Sport Clio 182FF
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum Key Rings
    I'm thinking oil separator now, seems that could be the culprit.

Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally came to the conclusion that it's blow by. New engine or rebuild needed.
    Over the weekend I will get this confirmed and managed to source an engine complete for 250 so not that bad of a wallet buster.

Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For anyone who gives a sh!t about my puddle jumper I reckon it needs an engine, so went about sourcing one supplied and fitted, I managed to get a deal for 500 which thankfully isn't that bad considering the amount of time to fit, so all in all she lives, next week he should come down with his flatbed and collect.
    My engine fitted is going for honing and oversized forged pistons fitted.

I plan to turbo it so will remove this replacement lump and fit original converted to a turbo, I've saw a few 182s knocking out 300bhp on YouTube so this is where I aim to get her, unfortunately the siggy is in for some neglect but all in all the big stuff is done on her so not really neglected .

We've had this wee Clio 7 years so it's hard to let go if anyone gets what I mean. Anyway I know the forum really only likes VX related but our girl is part of the family and Al shout from the heavens for her.

Peace out
    Last edited by Alex421; 30-05-2020 at 08:32 PM.

4. Thanks ilunn, lizzard-t Thanked
    Loves lizzard-t love this post
    Racing Driver
    Car
    Insignia Elite 16T
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex421 View Post
    For anyone who gives a sh!t about my puddle jumper I reckon it needs an engine, so went about sourcing one supplied and fitted, I managed to get a deal for 500 which thankfully isn't that bad considering the amount of time to fit, so all in all she lives, next week he should come down with his flatbed and collect.
    My engine fitted is going for honing and oversized forged pistons fitted.

I plan to turbo it so will remove this replacement lump and fit original converted to a turbo, I've saw a few 182s knocking out 300bhp on YouTube so this is where I aim to get her, unfortunately the siggy is in for some neglect but all in all the big stuff is done on her so not really neglected .

We've had this wee Clio 7 years so it's hard to let go if anyone gets what I mean. Anyway I know the forum really only likes VX related but our girl is part of the family and Al shout from the heavens for her.

Peace out
    I know what you mean,I get too attached to my cars and keep them for years,my last Vectra B bought from family member in 2006 (2000 plate) and only sold it in 2017!
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel RearIindicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Dynamic led side repeaters,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers

6. Likes Alex421, Drew, tens6 liked
    Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Howy View Post
    I know what you mean,I get too attached to my cars and keep them for years,my last Vectra B bought from family member in 2006 (2000 plate) and only sold it in 2017!
    Thanks howy, I thought I was the only who thought like that, my vec b would probably still be here if some kind guy never ran into the side of it, I loved it, I converted it from a 2.6 cdx to a 3.2 with high lift cams balanced lightened crank and flywheel she was a big mover mapped etc I missed her until I got our wee Clio puddle jumper, she lives on the red line on a track.
    Unlike my old vec, she was lovely, star silver aww I miss her she shocked a few vxr's.
    Lol

8. Likes Drew, Howy, tens6 liked
    Car
    Insignia B ST SRI VXline 2.0d 170PS Auto Cosmic Grey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep it going Alex, I have had a few I wish I still owned, I even keep looking for some of them but I fear they're all dead...

10. Likes Howy, Alex421, tens6 liked
    Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Keep it going Alex, I have had a few I wish I still owned, I even keep looking for some of them but I fear they're all dead...
    Definitely, over the years I look at it an go you bloody cost me a fortune , but all in all once you drive it you forget all that. The grin factor for money is unreal, I swear drew it's like a go cart that can easy hit 130mph on track obvs, great on fuel averages 39-40 mpg in town , just no space or it would be my daily with petrol being cheaper and this returning more mpg

12. Likes Drew liked
    Car
    Insignia facelift elite hatchback, 2.0 cdti, in asteroid grey.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think people get attached to their cars, I had my vectra c for 13 years. That’s the longest ever I have kept a car. Then when the time came to replace it with the insignia, I didn’t want too see it go. That is when my youngest daughters boyfriends father stepped in to buy it. Still see the car running about. Made it so much easier knowing the car was going to stay local.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y 15 front grille.

14. Likes Howy, Alex421 liked
    Car
    saab 9-3 turboX.9-3 1.9 TID,vectra B GSI,nissan qashqai.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A car can become like one of the family.so like the others I know exactly where you are going with this Alex .
    7 years is a fooking long time , through the good and bad it's out there looking at you .
    I have the same affection with one of my cars , and lucky my wife understands.
    As for people not giving a Shift about your Clio ,well I damm well do !
    I don't always comment because I'm just interfering and sometimes the posts go over my head and I get confused.so I just shut up and look .it part of my condition that I go quiet for a couple of weeks then "Wham Bang " .
    It's great to see a forum that caters for all makes and you can post what you want .
    Seems it's you with your Clio
    And me with my Saab.
    Long live the Clio .
    10-4 rubber Clio Engine !
    You solid cat !

J.K.M.P.C.U

16. Likes Alex421, Drew, tens6 liked
    Loves Alex421, Drew love this post
    Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzard-t View Post
    A car can become like one of the family.so like the others I know exactly where you are going with this Alex .
    7 years is a fooking long time , through the good and bad it's out there looking at you .
    I have the same affection with one of my cars , and lucky my wife understands.
    As for people not giving a Shift about your Clio ,well I damm well do !
    I don't always comment because I'm just interfering and sometimes the posts go over my head and I get confused.so I just shut up and look .it part of my condition that I go quiet for a couple of weeks then "Wham Bang " .
    It's great to see a forum that caters for all makes and you can post what you want .
    Seems it's you with your Clio
    And me with my Saab.
    Long live the Clio .
    10-4 rubber Clio Engine !
    You solid cat !
    You always seem to put a smile on my face, definitely lucky to have the wife's we have as not many understands how weird us guys can get over a piece of metal, I'm a big fan of Saab's to mate especially the b204 engine, I've had a few in track cars.

Anyone is more than welcome to post on my threads regardless, no discrimination here buddy..

Peace out, long live the Swedish an french.

18. Likes Drew liked
    Loves lizzard-t love this post

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast