Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Snail at the moment!
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

• Originally posted by Howy View Post
      Royal Snail at the moment!
      Tell me about it, it's got through customs and flew over from China quicker

Comment

• Update.
        Definitely a head scratcher, done compression test here's the results.
        Cylinder 1 206psi
        Cylinder 2 206psi
        Cylinder 3 206psi
        Cylinder 4 208psi

Roughly ...

Not done sniff test yet.

Comment

• Think you should pull injectors rig up some form of pressurised container (paint spray gun) and compare amount of petrol into jam jar on 2 second burst's.

Comment

• Originally posted by ilunn View Post
            Think you should pull injectors rig up some form of pressurised container (paint spray gun) and compare amount of petrol into jam jar on 2 second burst's.
            Injectors are working there is oil in the intake and won't fire up to sniff test

Comment

• Does it start if sprayed with "start u ba**ard"?, has some scrot put spud Up exhaust or water in your tank?
              OK I'll be serious are you getting nice even sparks?

Comment

• I've gave up for today probably need a starter.
                Was doing a bit of research on compression stats an seems mines are running a little high, also what I can't explain is how I oil in the intake, as it looks fresh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                  I've gave up for today probably need a starter.
                  Was doing a bit of research on compression stats an seems mines are running a little high, also what I can't explain is how I oil in the intake, as it looks fresh.
                  Compression is not blowing past the rings as the compression test would have shown this up. Thinking about it it all points to worn ring with the amount of oil in intake and it was sods law I had no cleaner with me.

Comment

• Have you considered contaminated fuel (could try fresh fuel direct from can gravity feeding filter inlet).

Comment

• Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                      Have you considered contaminated fuel (could try fresh fuel direct from can gravity feeding filter inlet).
                      Am not to sure about the fuel never gave that much thought due to the blueish smoke, it's definitely getting oil in the chambers just trying to figure out how .

Comment

• I'm thinking oil separator now, seems that could be the culprit.

Comment

• Finally came to the conclusion that it's blow by. New engine or rebuild needed.
                          Over the weekend I will get this confirmed and managed to source an engine complete for 250 so not that bad of a wallet buster.

Comment

• For anyone who gives a sh!t about my puddle jumper I reckon it needs an engine, so went about sourcing one supplied and fitted, I managed to get a deal for 500 which thankfully isn't that bad considering the amount of time to fit, so all in all she lives, next week he should come down with his flatbed and collect.
                            My engine fitted is going for honing and oversized forged pistons fitted.

I plan to turbo it so will remove this replacement lump and fit original converted to a turbo, I've saw a few 182s knocking out 300bhp on YouTube so this is where I aim to get her, unfortunately the siggy is in for some neglect but all in all the big stuff is done on her so not really neglected .

We've had this wee Clio 7 years so it's hard to let go if anyone gets what I mean. Anyway I know the forum really only likes VX related but our girl is part of the family and Al shout from the heavens for her.

Peace out
                            Last edited by Alex421; 30-05-2020, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                              For anyone who gives a sh!t about my puddle jumper I reckon it needs an engine, so went about sourcing one supplied and fitted, I managed to get a deal for 500 which thankfully isn't that bad considering the amount of time to fit, so all in all she lives, next week he should come down with his flatbed and collect.
                              My engine fitted is going for honing and oversized forged pistons fitted.

I plan to turbo it so will remove this replacement lump and fit original converted to a turbo, I've saw a few 182s knocking out 300bhp on YouTube so this is where I aim to get her, unfortunately the siggy is in for some neglect but all in all the big stuff is done on her so not really neglected .

We've had this wee Clio 7 years so it's hard to let go if anyone gets what I mean. Anyway I know the forum really only likes VX related but our girl is part of the family and Al shout from the heavens for her.

Peace out
                              I know what you mean,I get too attached to my cars and keep them for years,my last Vectra B bought from family member in 2006 (2000 plate) and only sold it in 2017!
                              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

• Originally posted by Howy View Post
                                I know what you mean,I get too attached to my cars and keep them for years,my last Vectra B bought from family member in 2006 (2000 plate) and only sold it in 2017!
                                Thanks howy, I thought I was the only who thought like that, my vec b would probably still be here if some kind guy never ran into the side of it, I loved it, I converted it from a 2.6 cdx to a 3.2 with high lift cams balanced lightened crank and flywheel she was a big mover mapped etc I missed her until I got our wee Clio puddle jumper, she lives on the red line on a track.
                                Unlike my old vec, she was lovely, star silver aww I miss her she shocked a few vxr's.
                                Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X