Replace passenger seat with drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replace passenger seat with drivers

Is it possible and how hard it will be if yes to replace the passenger seat with drivers one from a left hand wheel car? The end goal is to have the same functionality to adjust it like you can do with drivers one.

Not very

Comment

And is it possible to adjust the lumbar support for the passenger seat when there are no controls?

Comment

Originally posted by nstefano View Post
        And is it possible to adjust the lumbar support for the passenger seat when there are no controls?
        Would be helpful if you provide a bit more information

Comment

Sorry, the car is insignia 2013 facelift and the passenger seat is like this - https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/p...-Passenger.jpg

The lumbar support feels uncomfortable and there are no controls like on the driver’a one to adjust it. So I was wondering if there is a chance to change the seat or at least to push this lumbar support back.

Comment

Originally posted by nstefano View Post
            Sorry, the car is insignia 2013 facelift and the passenger seat is like this - https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/p...-Passenger.jpg

The lumbar support feels uncomfortable and there are no controls like on the driver’a one to adjust it. So I was wondering if there is a chance to change the seat or at least to push this lumbar support back.
            Cant see if it has lumber controls?

I'm sure the wires are there under carpet somewhere for it and it's just a case of finding a seat with controls and fitting.

Comment

You might struggle to find a lhd drivers seat in uk? Flea bay had lots of full leather interiors starting at less than £200. They come out of the elites or if you are lucky you might find VX line. The passenger seats on the leather trims all had the same features as the drivers.

Comment

Thanks. Will check that out.

Comment

It's late and I may be sounding stupid so please excuse me
                  But would not the seatbelt and the airbag be on the wrong side ?
                  Also the wiring maybe different for both passenger and drivers seat ? Also the seat rails may not line up ?
                  Nite nite .

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                    It's late and I may be sounding stupid so please excuse me
                    But would not the seatbelt and the airbag be on the wrong side ?
                    Also the wiring maybe different for both passenger and drivers seat ? Also the seat rails may not line up ?
                    Nite nite .

Comment

And I'm tired , it sounded sensible to me .
                      Good night good bless you Alex .

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                        And I'm tired , it sounded sensible to me .
                        Good night good bless you Alex .
                        Nighty night

Comment

Yes the seat will fit, but I doubt if you will have the wiring there to make it work. So you would need the loom and possibly another BCM, then probably need programming to the car.
                          LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

The seats need programmed for lumber support?
                            Chances of wires being there are high due to upgraded models like elite etc surely

Comment

Working...
                            X