Evan's halshaw mechanical and breakdown cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evan's halshaw mechanical and breakdown cover

Hi guys long story short, my other half wanted an insignia so we found one at a local Evan's halshaw..I was working late on friday when we were picking it up so I left her to go get it. Shes back with the car but says she took the 24month mechanical and breakdown cover out on the car which has just cost us £400 which she paid on the bank card🤬 and to top it off there is nothing in the car pack that says anything about the warranty(no paperwork) or even what is covered!or even if there is a cancellation cool off period to get the cash back..or has anyone got one to hand to tell me what it says thanks guys.I'm fuming to say the least...please tell me there is a way out of this useless add on....please....please

how old is the car and how many miles has it done?

Comment

14 plate and 56000 thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Morephun1979 View Post
        14 plate and 56000 thanks
        I'd perhaps keep the cover and really get your money's worth out of it for the next 2 years!
        2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
        honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

there is some info here (link below) run "the little vidio" according to that its £400 for 1 year and £495 for 2 years.

Our Premium Guarantee could help if you want to remain covered after your car's manufacturer warranty has expired.

Comment

They've had some bad customer reviews..

Comment

You should have a fourteen day cooling off period,
              they are very selective on what they cover, I know as I've had first hand experience with them.

If you get an issue and ring them up to book the vehicle in, customer service will say to you -- "quote" if there is nothing wrong or its not covered by warranty you will be charged a minimum 1 hour labour which is usually £80.That will leave you scratching your head.
              They have got u by the short and curlies really.

Comment

You should have a cooling off period and if you don't need it or want it tell them so----I've never heard any good reviews from evans Halshaw i'm afraid----you could buy yourself a car warranty yourself if needed-----Dave
                Last edited by Dave1419; 19-01-2020, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Is it normal not to have any paperwork?is there definaltly a 14 day cooling off period? Going in tomorrow to kick off thanks guys

Comment

I personally would cancel that option but thats got alot to do with me being able to repair myself so I don't get labour charges but as said they will try to wriggle out of paying and will want you to get services done to keep it covered, Breakdown cover can be got for around £60 year.

Comment

Originally posted by Morephun1979 View Post
                      Is it normal not to have any paperwork?is there definaltly a 14 day cooling off period? Going in tomorrow to kick off thanks guys
                      I think its pressure sales tactics and I would have expected at least the terms and conditions as your wife collected car. They most likely dont want you to see whats not covered.

Comment

You should have 3 month's warranty anyway, but what they don't tell you is the car has to be fit for purpose for 6 months
                        Trading standards will tell you this.
                        There are quite a few warranty companies out there, I once used warranty direct they were very good when it came to claiming.
                        just do your research when you find one that you like the look of.
                        As far as 14 days cooling off period is concerned , I'm sure all new financial contracts have to be covered by this.
                        If these main dealers can pull your pants down and smack your arse they will.

Comment

Paperwork should of been with the car , so easy for them to at least give your wife what it covers , how to claim etc .
                          I'm probably sounding a bit trick here but I would of thaught you would of at least got a warrant as part of the sale itself.
                          If no joy tomorrow then go to your bank and explain what has happened

.K.M.P.C.U
                          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, I'll be going in soon..I'll post my results with them but not holding my breath though tbh

Comment

Well they got the paperwork out and it states in t&c "this guarantee is non cancealable or refundable"

Comment

Working...
                              X