Holds revs between gear changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holds revs between gear changes

As above, my insignia 163bhp cdti elite is doing this occasionally, is it normal? I know some old school turbo petrols had aftermarket ecus with mapping like this to have smoother gear changes. I have noticed sometimes it does do it and some times it doesnt.

My 2011 Elite 160 used to have rev matching but my 2014 petrol turbo doesnt have it
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Its Just to make your gear changes smoother
      Mine is a 2014 Elite 163 and does exactly the same.
      If you've just changed up and someone brakes in front of you it can be a bit of an eye opener
      as it sends the car shooting forward when you least expect it.

Comment

Mines a 2014 too, it seems that sometimes if your driving like a nan it drops the revs sometimes but other times it holds them. If its ment to do it thats all good then. Cheers guys.

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
          My 2011 Elite 160 used to have rev matching but my 2014 petrol turbo doesnt have it
          Really... rev matching on a Siggy A. News to me that.

Comment

My wife's 2009 diesel did it as well. When the clutch was pressed too long, the revs would drop to stationary otherwise it would drop to the revs for the next gear.

Comment

My 2012 Cdti did it , works ford diesels did it. Probably trying to extend the life of the dmf. Might explain why they didn't do it on the petrols?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                My 2012 Cdti did it , works ford diesels did it. Probably trying to extend the life of the dmf. Might explain why they didn't do it on the petrols?
                Or diesel drivers can't operate the clutch properly

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                  Or diesel drivers can't operate the clutch properly
                  What are clutch and gears . Once you built up the speed and in high gear is like driving an automatic .

Comment

Didn't do it to mine. But the job cars used to get shifted without the clutch! 😉

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                      What are clutch and gears . Once you built up the speed and in high gear is like driving an automatic .
                      Clutch is that little paddle on the left some people insist on using as they think it's more sporty... Just like drivers are using in motorsport...

Comment

Working...
                      X