Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low engine oil pressure 2.0 CDTI

Hi

I hope this is the right place for me to post, so basically I got my car service and MOT last month (halfords) and since then on two occasions low oil pressure message briefly popped up. After restarting it it starts fine without any problems, I went back to halfords after the first time it happened and they just told me they'll try replacing the oil filter again to a different brand. However this has now happened again since then (third time in a month).

I'm not quite sure what I should do since the problem is so rare (weeks apart) that I'm not sure if a garage will even be able to find it. Also Halfords told me that they are unable to check the oil pressure on the engine as they don't have the tools required. I'm not sure if I should take it a Vauxhall dealer (hoping they can do some more comprehensive tests) or take it to an independent garage.
    Car is 2.0 CDTI 2010 reg, 86k miles.
    Thank you for reading any advice would be appreciated.

The answers are on here but have read at these.

Comment

Welcome.
      take it to a good indie garage,sure they’ll have better knowledge than Halfords .
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome..
        Just had same issue with mines.
        Oil pump seal

Comment

Oil pick up seal needs to be replaced ASAP, if warnings have pop out on the dashboard already few times than it might be too late and you might start searching for a new engine or car.
          Unfortunately this is not a mot serviceable part/job. Services don't know about it and if they know they don't care until you ask for it to be replaced

Comment

hey guys

just got mine back from mechanic he replaced pickup pipe too as it was cracked

my light came on for a bout 2 weeks before getting it done. Hasnt come on since touch wood

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
              Hi

I hope this is the right place for me to post, so basically I got my car service and MOT last month (halfords) and since then on two occasions low oil pressure message briefly popped up. After restarting it it starts fine without any problems, I went back to halfords after the first time it happened and they just told me they'll try replacing the oil filter again to a different brand. However this has now happened again since then (third time in a month).

I'm not quite sure what I should do since the problem is so rare (weeks apart) that I'm not sure if a garage will even be able to find it. Also Halfords told me that they are unable to check the oil pressure on the engine as they don't have the tools required. I'm not sure if I should take it a Vauxhall dealer (hoping they can do some more comprehensive tests) or take it to an independent garage.
              Car is 2.0 CDTI 2010 reg, 86k miles.
              Thank you for reading any advice would be appreciated.
              It may be too late (you decide) but replace the oil pick up seal now. This involves the oil sump off, and possibly splitting the gearbox. Don't bother bringing it to Vauxhall unless your getting the work done there. I've been there and done it.

Comment

The oil pickup seal needs replacing asap, as it has harden and no longer doing its job correctly. Failure in replacing the seal would cause bottom end failure.
                I would advice stop using the car to prevent further damage.

Comment

Looks like another that does not give "thanks"!

Comment

He's not been back on since he started the thread.

Comment

He's probably going to start a new thread ." Any advice strange knocking sound from engine AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH #banghead# !
                      But hopefully he has seen all the great advice above ?

.K.M.P.C.U
                      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                        He's probably going to start a new thread ." Any advice strange knocking sound from engine AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH #banghead# !
                        But hopefully he has seen all the great advice above ?
                        Yeah, there's another one who's started a couple of threads this month, one about pin-striping his fog lamps and the other about some engine additive. Asks a question, gets answers then buggers off without so much as a 'thanks'.
                        YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE
                        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Working...
                        X