Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 Insignia - fuel trip A and B on the dashboard display "resetting" itself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Insignia - fuel trip A and B on the dashboard display "resetting" itself.

I keep Trip A untouched as I want to see the overall miles and mpg over a long period.
    I reset Trip B for individual journeys.
    However Trip B has an annoying tendency to reset the mpg figure back to 0 and then flick back and forth between the figure 0 and what the mpg was before it "reset" itself, ie 50/55/60 mpg or whatever it was.
    Trip A has always remained constant and does not "reset" which is what I want.
    Any ideas ??

That sounds odd - on my pre-facelift I used the displays the other way round, trip A was reset every fill and trip B left untouched. Weirdly, trip B used to reset itself to zero miles every 5,000 miles or so. I've followed the same practice with my GS since I got it in May, but as I've only covered about 4,000 miles so far I don't know if trip B will reset itself. Have to wait and see.
    2018 1.5T SRi Nav
    Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

I recently got my 14 plate elite and i reset b to when i bought the car and mine too resets the mpg to 0 every now and again, i was unsure if it was while doing a regen or something and was going to ask myself if anyone else noticed it.

Comment

Yes, my Insignia apparently randomly resets the mileage of the trip computer(s) but the mpg and average speed aren't reset.
        It seems to happen every 6-7k but could be more often. Both trip A and B will reset mileage to zero.

I think my Viva sometimes does it and maybe a previous Astra J sometimes did it. Viva only has one trip computer (not A and B) but I think still resets to zero miles travelled occasionally.

I think it's a bug in the software.

My Viva also has an mpg bug where, occasionally, shortly after a reset, the mpg figure suddenly changes by a large amount. I might have it on video somewhere.....

Comment

Mines not reset yet but only fone around 800miles since owning it.One of the trips on mine when i bought it was on about 50,000 miles though

Comment

Found it.
            Here's an action cam recording from my Viva's trip computer.

Trip computer was reset a few seconds before clip begins.
            I try to hold a steady speed, around or just over 70mph.
            For almost the entire three-minute clip, the mpg gently moves between 49-53mpg average depending on gradients etc, then in a split second around 2:55 (6s before the end) it plummets from 52.3 to 44.7mpg with no change in throttle input or anything else.

Seems to me there are a few software bugs in the trip computer. Indeed, a few software bugs in a variety of things is normal in cars these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidl View Post
              Mines not reset yet but only fone around 800miles since owning it.One of the trips on mine when i bought it was on about 50,000 miles though
              Mine doesn't seem to get past about 7k on A or B before they reset mileage to zero (although, as said, mpg and average speed aren't reset). Mines a 2012 Elite (pre-facelift).

Comment

No problems with my 64 plate but I remember people were having issues early in ownership with this fault. Not sure whether there was a software update. Worth checking with the dealers
                Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Both reset a and b reset themselves on mine but not sure how often it does it quite annoying though

Comment

Originally posted by Badgercote View Post
                    I keep Trip A untouched as I want to see the overall miles and mpg over a long period.
                    I reset Trip B for individual journeys.
                    However Trip B has an annoying tendency to reset the mpg figure back to 0 and then flick back and forth between the figure 0 and what the mpg was before it "reset" itself, ie 50/55/60 mpg or whatever it was.
                    Trip A has always remained constant and does not "reset" which is what I want.
                    Any ideas ??
                    I think all Insignias around this era do that on trip B, but if I'm wrong I'm sure I will be corrected. Trip B changes any time there is an increase in the electrical draw on the battery and the display changes from average MPG to show the additional fuel being used by the electrical consumption(in parts of gallon per hour from memory) . After a while it changes back to average MPG.

Andy

Comment

I've had my 64 plate Insignia trip B untouched from brand new and it's been fine. I reset trip A quite often
                      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Working...
                      X