Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• service

hi peeps, just questioning vauxhalls service seeing as it costs £160+
    When my service was carried out by vauxhall, in my service book they ticked every box NO , no oil change, filters and every other thing. why are they allowed to do this ? charge for doing absolutely nothing. My car is a 66 plate insignia estate with only 23000 miles on the clock.

What's on the bill you've got from the dealer? They normally specify what they've done on that one as well.

Comment

Go back in and ask them what they are playing at---the service book is a record for you and future owners---bet they didn't get the invoice wrong when they gave you it---guess the dealer is a large national------Dave

Comment

did they stamp it as well

£160 for doing nothing sounds about right

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
          Go back in and ask them what they are playing at---the service book is a record for you and future owners---bet they didn't get the invoice wrong when they gave you it---guess the dealer is a large national------Dave
          I totally agree with Dave, and I never let them get away with not completing the service book correctly.
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
            I totally agree with Dave, and I never let them get away with not completing the service book correctly.
            I once bought a car with "full service history" I saw it and read through, as I sat like a mug in Arnold Clarks. After 5 months with the car I hated it and wanted to sell, the service history book was suddenly nowhere to be found! Arnold Clark said it was with the log book in the glove box, which it wasn't. I had a seller lined up who needed to see the service history, he wasn't interested when I said I couldn't get it, had another buyer come up saying if I could prove it was serviced by Arnold Clark he would buy. So I went back to Arnold Clark to get them to rewrite the service note. They wrote it out for me, I checked the date and apparently they serviced it 3 weeks after I bought it!! All lies in there, would never trust them again, I tried getting a trade with them, and apparently the best they could offer for my pristine Chevrolet Cruze 2013 with 27k miles +£500, was an 04 polo, bottom spec with 87k miles!
            2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
            honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

I never take mine to a dealer, I always use an idependant they provide a full invoice, complete and stamp my book and I have never been ripped off. I keep a folder with the full history, every bill including tyres etc. It all goes with the car when I sell. The past few times I let a dealer touch either of our cars they came back damaged or they tried to rip me off.

Comment

Working...
              X