Insignia b grand sport Alarm problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia b grand sport Alarm problems

Hi everybody, I have the insignia b and have had issues with the siren going off all the time, but no theft attempt notifications. I contacted dealer and finally got siren replaced.
    When dealer checked alarm system they got no siren but flashing hazards?? and even showed me the video of this along side another insignia b doing the exact thing.
    Dealer said that's what happens the siren doesn't sound!! Total nonsense that the purpose of the siren as a warning.
    I have reported to Vauxhall head office and I'm awaiting word back as call centre was useless.
    IF YOU HAVE A INSIGNIA B PLEASE CHECK ALARM I THINK THIS IS A FAULT WITH MANY VEHICLE OUT THERE.
    put windows down and lock car and wait for arming, put arm inside and see if you get siren and flashing lights.
    Anyone else had this?

Was the key in your pocket as you tried it? Try it with the key out of range and see if there is a difference. Let us know what happens.

Comment

I would test mine but don't want to annoy the neighbours

Comment

Hi, I stood well back and got one of my work mates to stick his body into the cabin. Hazard light flashed and I got a text and email re from OnStar saying alarm activation.

Comment

Sounds odd. Will have try mine now and see what happens! Sorry neighbours, it's got to be done!

Comment

OK, sounds like your dealer may be taking the proverbial! I opened the car, put the drivers door window down, shut it, reset the alarm and waited for the red light to flash. Then I stuck my arm in, the alarm siren sounded and lights flashed. Just as you would expect. Sounds like they have just disconnected your siren to me.

Comment

I even had my key in my hand although I was holding it as far as I could from the door handle.

Comment

I've forgotten to turn the passive locking off a few times when I've left my wife in the car while I pop into shop and when I come out, the alarm is sounding. I wish she'd sit still!
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thanks for testing your alarm, I can't believe the dealer would even think that no siren was normal, they should be a video of my car and another one of same speck doing the same thing, just lights no siren.
                  Thats why I posted, I asked customer services and they told me to contact dealership as they have trained technicians?? they even phoned dealership and were told that no fault was detected.
                  So being peeved off I emailed one of the directors of Vauxhall last night. I got a phone call today from a helpful lady who listened and was going to investigate.
                  I will post their reply in a few days.
                  Thanks for all your help as this is fantastic information for me to present to them.

Comment

Thanks newtonabbeyrob, keep us updated with how you get on. Hope you get a sensible solution soon.

Comment

Hi there, just read your post about your alarm on your insignia.

Did you get it resolved as I have the same issue with mine.
                      Hazards lights but no sound
                      When alarm is activated
                      Could you please let me know if vauxhall resolved your issue

Thanks wayne

Comment

Originally posted by Waynestaton View Post
                        Hi there, just read your post about your alarm on your insignia.

Did you get it resolved as I have the same issue with mine.
                        Hazards lights but no sound
                        When alarm is activated
                        Could you please let me know if vauxhall resolved your issue

Thanks wayne
                        hi and weclome

we always like when new members join our forum.
                        would you care to visit this section of the forum...………….

and introduce yourself properly to everyone.

Tell us a bit about yourself and maybe share a pic or 2 of your car.

Thanks...………...much appreciated.

Comment

Hi Guys sorry for the delayed reply. Vauxhall customer care line was a total waste of time, they wouldn't tell me if alarm should sound. After a few emails and phone calls I got nowhere, they even phoned garage and them told them the same issues. I looked online and found the CEO email. The next day I got a phone call from a director called Joanne who listened to the issues and lack of customer care and she wasn't impressed after a few emails and phone calls she let me book it into a different garage.
                          I took the car to a Vauxhall garage at Antrim who found a broken wire and told me that there had been no power at sounder, if the vauxhall garage at mallusk would have tested this in the first place it could have been sorted.
                          STAY AWAY FROM C/H VAUXHALL MALLUSK customer service is totally rubbish, I'm still waiting on my apology as I asked the director not to close my case until this happens.

Comment

Hi Wayne

please see my post, if you need anymore info I will try to help. Garage put in new sounder but it wasn't needed just a broken wire.

Comment

Originally posted by newtownabbeyrob View Post
                              please see my post, if you need anymore info I will try to help. Garage put in new sounder but it wasn't needed just a broken wire.
                              hi and weclome......as you've been a member for some months and posted without an introduction, we always like when new members join our forum.
                              So......would you care to visit this section of the forum...………….

and introduce yourself properly to everyone.

Tell us a bit about yourself and maybe share a pic or 2 of your car.

Thanks...………...much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X