X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs of dpf regen

2010 Insignia 2.0 158 Ecoflex

How can I tell when it's doing a regen?

Increased fuel consumption, rear window heater turned on without the indicator light.

Comment

How do I tell if the he rear window heater is on?

Comment

Car sitting at 1k revs after a drive when idling is a good telltale

Also cars fans will be running and there will be a smell (apparently, I've never smelt it but my sense of smell is rubbish)

Comment

Originally posted by BodgeItAndScarper View Post
          How do I tell if the he rear window heater is on?
          The side mirrors start removing moisture for no reason :P (They're on the same circuit and will come on too)

Comment

It's also indicated in the 'consumers' menu
            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
              It's also indicated in the 'consumers' menu
              Where's that? Lol

I'm pretty sure it just did a regen; got home and it was using 0.4 gal/hr at idle, instead of 0.2, so I took it for a bit more of a drive. Ended up sitting in traffic, but it seemed to complete anyway. Is that how it should work?

Comment

Light smoke comes from underneath when you pull up on mine, plus fan is running and higher tick over, doesn't happen often round town due to doing regular long distance runs.

Comment

Originally posted by BodgeItAndScarper View Post
                  Where's that? Lol
                  I've not got my A any more, but it's one of the menus in the central display {the one between the speedo and rev counter).
                  2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                  Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

I've not got my A any more, but it's one of the menus in the central display {the one between the speedo and rev counter).
                    I've only found two menus there - the one with tyre pressures etc, and the one with speed/distance/mpg. Switch between them with the button on the indicator stalk. Is there another I've missed?

Comment

Hmmm. Anyone with a 2010 model available to answer this?
                      2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Just install LED dpf regen indicator and you will be fine, Google it

Comment

Hmmm. Anyone with a 2010 model available to answer this?
                          I've got a 2009 model and don't have the "top consumers" menu. But then again, I have the anti-ecoflex model

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
                            Just install LED dpf regen indicator and you will be fine, Google it
                            I'm just trying to work out if I have to, or if it's there somewhere already.

Comment

Extract from 2012 user manual (page 101) - seems like 'top consumers' menu may only be available in higher spec models? Have you tried selecting 'eco' by pressing the 'menu' button then twisting the left stalk?
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200124_135059.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	244416
                              Last edited by PeteH; 24-01-2020, 02:02 PM.
                              2018 1.5T SRi Nav

Comment

Working...
                              X