Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia grand sport 2.0 diesel

Hi all

Looking at getting a insignia grand sport 2.0 diesel sri vx line.

My question is I used the have the facelift insignia sri and was getting around the 40mpg round town. Is there anyone that could let me know how much they are getting round town and how much you get out of a full tank of diesel on their grand sport?
    Last edited by emmamatt38; 24-01-2020, 06:15 PM.

I have the 2.0 diesel SRi nav vx line tourer but it's the 8 speed auto. My driving is a mix of local, town and country driving occasionally motorway. I average around 36mpg on the cars computer. It does noticeably better on a long run where I have seen it nearer 50mpg. I have nver noticed how many miles it will do on a full tank. My Insignia A 2.0 cdti Sri tourer manual rarely dropped below 44mpg but that was 6 days a week 60 miles a day on motorways.

If you are worried there are some other German brands that will tell you you are getting 65mpg anywhere, but I think they are getting prosecuted for that!

Comment

I've got a feeling the tank will be smaller - it certainly is on the petrol - so whilst it will cost less to fill up, the range will also be reduced.
      2018 1.5T SRi Nav
      Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Handbook quotes 61 litre tank for petrol and diesel Insignia B which I think is smaller. Diesel also has 15 litre adblue tank. Adblue in mine last about 5k miles but reduces when towing my caravan.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
          Handbook quotes 61 litre tank for petrol and diesel Insignia B which I think is smaller. Diesel also has 15 litre adblue tank. Adblue in mine last about 5k miles but reduces when towing my caravan.
          I've had my Insignia for 11 months now and driven just over 8000 miles mostly motorway, and not had to put any adblue in it. I thought it would have needed some by now.

Comment

Yeah ,the A has a 70l tank
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by WAZ1 View Post
              I've had my Insignia for 11 months now and driven just over 8000 miles mostly motorway, and not had to put any adblue in it. I thought it would have needed some by now.
              I'm guessing you will be getting better than 36mpg? I tow my caravan regularly so my mpg is often knocked back so I guess it will use more. I top it up with a 10 litre can every time it says it needs it. If you haven't topped up yet you maybe had a full 15 litre tank when you started. I'm keeping a record of my adblue consumption in the back of the service book just so I know how much it is using/costing.

Comment

Hi - I have the 2.0D VXLine. To start with, it is not as economical. I had the 2.0D 163 Facelift A which averaged 66mpg, my Grandsport is returning 45-50mpg average. The tank is 2 gallon less as well so what you'll get on a tank will obviously be less. That said, it's a much much better car in every aspect (other than economy) and I would not go back to a facelift A. Runs I will get 50- 55mpg at the very best, round town about 40mpg.

Comment

I'm guessing you will be getting better than 36mpg? I tow my caravan regularly so my mpg is often knocked back so I guess it will use more. I top it up with a 10 litre can every time it says it needs it. If you haven't topped up yet you maybe had a full 15 litre tank when you started. I'm keeping a record of my adblue consumption in the back of the service book just so I know how much it is using/costing.

I put my first adblue in at 12.5k miles. Put nearly 15 litres in.

Comment

Working...
                  X