Insignia 2.0 Diesel low oil pressure when hot and idling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaytc2003 View Post
    Thought I would update this. Engine has gone!! Sorted out the leak, car was driving fine for 70 plus miles, then started to judder and then cut out. Tried turning engine over but it doesn't turn over. Another diesel for the scrap heap
    There has been many threads about low oil pressure is to do with the oil pick up seal. Your engine could of been saved.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
      There has been many threads about low oil pressure is to do with the oil pick up seal. Your engine could of been saved.
      no nothing to do with the pickup seal this one, only low pressure when engine fully upto temperature and idling and even then not all of the time.

I think this is probably oil pump / oil cooler issue as oil was coming out of the relief pipe a few days ago. Fixed that over the weekend but I think the damage was already done as when I dropped the oil there was small pieces of swarf in there.

Comment

no nothing to do with the pickup seal this one, only low pressure when engine fully upto temperature and idling and even then not all of the time.

I think this is probably oil pump / oil cooler issue as oil was coming out of the relief pipe a few days ago. Fixed that over the weekend but I think the damage was already done as when I dropped the oil there was small pieces of swarf in there.
        Ouch....not good mate.
        You going replace the engine?
        Or just scrap the car???

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
          Ouch....not good mate.
          You going replace the engine?
          Or just scrap the car???
          scrap it. Replacement engines are circa 1k second hand so no real guarantee there. Then you have to pay for fitting, new clutch and dmf, swap over ancillieries, probably need a replacement turbo as well so would be looking at 2k plus, not worth it. Car had done 151k miles (motorway). First real issue I had with it.

On the plus side, it means I have some chrome excite lights that I am going to put up for sale!

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for VAUXHALL Insignia 09 on Chrome Light Bar DRL Daytime Running Headlights E Marked at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

Comment

scrap it. Replacement engines are circa 1k second hand so no real guarantee there. Then you have to pay for fitting, new clutch and dmf, swap over ancillieries, probably need a replacement turbo as well so would be looking at 2k plus, not worth it. Car had done 151k miles (motorway). First real issue I had with it.

On the plus side, it means I have some chrome excite lights that I am going to put up for sale!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-...-/153175931939
            Any other goodies on it mate, get them advertised....make a few quid towards the next one

Comment

only have a bluspark box thats in the garage, the one with multiple maps. Will get that on as well

Comment

did the dashboard with blue leds as well and the stereo

Comment

Got mine booked in with Frank on Tuesday morning, hopefully engine doesn't seize on the 4 hour drive there!
                  2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                  honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Whatever it is, doesn't sound good for the engine , low oil pressure may cause a lot of damage to it

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
                      Whatever it is, doesn't sound good for the engine
                      Well doesn't get much worse than a seized engine

Comment

Headlights now advertised in the for sale section. Will add Bluspark box soon as well

Comment

Do you have a spare+tools for sale?

Comment

Originally posted by BodgeItAndScarper View Post
                            Do you have a spare+tools for sale?
                            The spare is a spacesaver but I do have it. There are also some tools in a polystyrene type case, this is just a basic jack, a screwdrivwr, wheel wrench. There was also a wallet thing with a wind up torch but that doesn't work

Car goes tomorrow if your interested I can take them out and you can have them foc (would need to collect though)

Comment

The spare is a spacesaver but I do have it. There are also some tools in a polystyrene type case, this is just a basic jack, a screwdrivwr, wheel wrench. There was also a wallet thing with a wind up torch but that doesn't work

Car goes tomorrow if your interested I can take them out and you can have them foc (would need to collect though)
                              I'm happy to pay for postage - bit far to collect.

Comment

Originally posted by BodgeItAndScarper View Post
                                I'm happy to pay for postage - bit far to collect.
                                Car went first thing this morning with the bits in it, sorry

Comment

Working...
                                X