mercedes GLA 2014 windscreen washer pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mercedes GLA 2014 windscreen washer pump

This post is referencing a mercedes GLA 2014 and i'm hoping one of you chaps has seen a GLa in pieces at some point.
    Ok we have no water (under pressure) coming out of washer jets (front screen) pump is running but quite loud (jets don't appear to be blocked) so im wanting to pull pump of and check for blockages, does anyone know best way to get to the pump on these I'm guessing its either bumper off or wheel arch lining?

Had similar problem with my MB van.
    Can't remember wast it Vito or Sprinter.
    It was very easy access to the pump.
    I just twisted the pump a little bit and it worked for me.
    Had a Nissan van years ago, and I took the pump out and there was some blue gunk stuck on the pump, cleaned out and it was working fine.

Hope this will held.

Comment

Not sure about the GLA but have done the A class. iI’s removal of the wheel arch liner. I bet the filter on the rubber grommet is blocked where the pump inlet is pushed in. You probably need to remove the tank and give it a good clean out. It is probably full of brown algae and sediment. If you don’t clear it out properly you will be doing it again in 3 months!

Comment

Thanks Guys that's tomorrow nights job then. any thoughts on what to use to kill any algae, read on google steradent tabs are good also wondered about domestos but concerned what it might do the seals, rubber pipework and plastic jets.

Comment

I used a good squirt of domestos in the tank. Filled it up and let it soak for 10 minutes then rinsed out.

Comment

Just make sure there's not a non return valve that's blocked .
            Or a tee piece with a NRV on it that's blocked .
            Normally if it's hidden behind the bumper then it's wheel arch liner removal .

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks Guys.

Comment

Sorted clogged up filter in end of pump.

Comment

Working...
                X