Car magazines for free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car magazines for free

I read the thread below about tablets and I thought here is a Top Tip.

If you have bought yourself a tablet and are wondering what to do with it how about getting some of your favourite car mags for nowt!

This definately works for County Durham anyone else should try their local authority and I'm sure there will be similar arrangements.

If you are a member of your local library (if not get down there and join) go onto the local authority website and find library services (Co Durham for me) there should be a link to their e-library. By entering your library card number you can download an app that gives you downloadable magazines for free. Co Durham use Rb digital. They currently have Autocar, Autoexpress and BBC Top Gear mags all for nothing.

There are also still lots of older mags like Evo, Octane, F1 and many more. I also get Mountain bike mags, but there are loads. All for nowt.

The car mags alone are equivalent to over £450.00 a year compared with buying them,

You can then spend more on the motor!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200127-093524.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	249527Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200127-093147.jpg
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	249528

Interesting read.

Comment

Just had a look at our local libraries in Derbyshire and seems we have a similar set up. I used to have a Top Gear emagazine subscription and it wasnt cheap so dropped it. This will be handy.

Comment

Is Razzle Readers wives on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
          suppose one could wedge a tablet behind cistern pipe at work but would not recommend folding it . reminds me of the advert with the chap who can't get any piece with house full of girls so he buys bigger house with shed ends when he's sat there trying to read mag when two girls head pops up at window, I know how he feels its getting like it here when the grandkids land on us.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
            I read the thread below about tablets and I thought here is a Top Tip.

If you have bought yourself a tablet and are wondering what to do with it how about getting some of your favourite car mags for nowt!

This definately works for County Durham anyone else should try their local authority and I'm sure there will be similar arrangements.

If you are a member of your local library (if not get down there and join) go onto the local authority website and find library services (Co Durham for me) there should be a link to their e-library. By entering your library card number you can download an app that gives you downloadable magazines for free. Co Durham use Rb digital. They currently have Autocar, Autoexpress and BBC Top Gear mags all for nothing.

There are also still lots of older mags like Evo, Octane, F1 and many more. I also get Mountain bike mags, but there are loads. All for nowt.

The car mags alone are equivalent to over £450.00 a year compared with buying them,

You can then spend more on the motor!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3485[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3486[/ATTACH]
            Thats Interesting, dont know last time I used a library got to be in excess of 35 years but just checked and it looks like Bassetlaw have that facility so one to check out.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
              suppose one could wedge a tablet behind cistern pipe at work but would not recommend folding it . reminds me of the advert with the chap who can't get any piece with house full of girls so he buys bigger house with shed ends when he's sat there trying to read mag when two girls head pops up at window, I know how he feels its getting like it here when the grandkids land on us.
              I know exactly how you feel.....I've got 6 grandkids and they all seem to visit at the same time.
              It's like buck house garden party at ours at times.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                At least it's a wipe clean screen......no sticky pages

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                  Is this the sort of thing you mean?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200129-081711.jpg
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	244455

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                    Is this the sort of thing you mean?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3504[/ATTACH]
                    Close......but no cigar

Comment

Car, Evo and Octane magazines just been added to Durham County Library list.

Comment

I signed up for this through Derbyshire Libraries and been using it on my iPad but only looked at the last couple of Top Gears but have noticed loads of options. Will be handy for holidays in the summer when i can load up the iPad for reading.

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                          I signed up for this through Derbyshire Libraries and been using it on my iPad but only looked at the last couple of Top Gears but have noticed loads of options. Will be handy for holidays in the summer when i can load up the iPad for reading.
                          Exactly what I do, load the tablet up and all works offline ideal for hols!

Comment

Working...
                          X