Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.0 cdti 118kw strange ticking sound

Hi,

I noticed a while ago that my '11 Insignia engine is making a weird ticking noise. I uploaded a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_e8Z1TAKqY
    Sorry, the video is dark. But you could hear the sound. Not that much, when revving.
    Any ideas what it might be?
    Oil change was done about 3000km ago, used Dexos2. I think the tick was there before oil change.
    Also theres some vibration in the car when idle. I can feel it through the seats and floor. Or is it normal for this engine to shake a bit?

B/R

Janar

Originally posted by vaimuvaene View Post
    Hi,

I noticed a while ago that my '11 Insignia engine is making a weird ticking noise. I uploaded a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_e8Z1TAKqY
    Sorry, the video is dark. But you could hear the sound. Not that much, when revving.
    Any ideas what it might be?
    Oil change was done about 3000km ago, used Dexos2. I think it ticked before oil change also.
    Also theres some vibration in the car when idle. I can feel it through the seats and floor. Or is it normal for this engine to shake a bit?

B/R

Janar
    Hi and welcome.

How about posting in the introduction section and tell us all about yourself and your car.
    This is what's normally done when joining up to a forum.

Have a read at......

And

Comment

Sorry for being rude. I will make the introduction post in a sec. I am more "straight to the point" and not much of a "small talk" guy, but will do my best.
      Could you please clean this thread?

Comment

Sorry for being rude. I will make the introduction post in a sec. I am more "straight to the point" and not much of a "small talk" guy, but will do my best.
        Could you please clean this thread?
        Your not being rude mate..... we're just nosey and like pictures

Thread is fine buddy.

Comment

Im not sure if the tick is audible without headphones, but I know it is there.
          How does this engine sound in general? Does it sound healthy or should I be concerned about something? Im a bit skeptical about those 2.0 fiat diesels

Comment

Im not sure if the tick is audible without headphones, but I know it is there.
            How does this engine sound in general? Does it sound healthy or should I be concerned about something? Im a bit skeptical about those 2.0 fiat diesels
            I'll have another listen with headphones when I get a minute in the video out loud it sounds exactly like my car!
            2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
            honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

But can you feel engine vibration inside of your car?
              I can feel in mine. It is worse when on gear (automatic D), when I put it on neutral, then it is a bit less, but still there and I don't like it..
              I've had the car for 8 months, but I think the vibration was not this vivid, when I got it... Maybe it is in my imagination

Comment

What rpm does it idle at?

Comment

Originally posted by BodgeItAndScarper View Post
                  What rpm does it idle at?
                  Don't know exactly, but at about 800-900 I guess. Idle rpm is stable.
                  Vibration is also on revving at low RPM.. Could it be engine mounting cushion gone bad?

Comment

Working...
                  X