Leaky boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaky boot

Hi, I've been reading many posts about leaking boots but thought I'd double check before I get more silicone out!

I've dried everything out and left the boot mainly empty to keep an eye on it all.

First I removed the trim above the boot to check the bungs, as they looked solid I didn't want to remove them so silicone over them.

Still leaked.

It seemed to be the passenger side so investigated further.

I've found this vent which is pretty wet (also looks wet below, right where it's been visible in boot).

It looks dry above and to the sides. Am I OK getting the silicone out on this to keep it shut?

Thanks 👍

Dude I've got the same message issue in my boot passenger side.bjust been away for five days and managed to wrong half a cup of water out of the towel I left there. I'm just working up to pulling all the lining out to find out where it's coming from, and will tackle it when the weather allows, so let me know how you get on. Good luck!

Comment

Had same, silicone around the vent. It pushes in which allows you to apply sealant then pull vent back to body. I then ran finger around vent smoothing sealant out. Touch wood it's still dry.
      Last edited by MattG; 22-02-2020, 05:38 PM.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Those vents---one on each side are for the car ventilation----fresh air comes in the front and and the stale air goes out these vents----you just need to check that the flaps on these vents are in good condition and are facing the right way--if they are not in their right positions then water will be going into the boot area----had this on my Vectra and once sorted never had any more problems---------Dave

Comment

Thanks guys. I ended up putting silicone around the black bung the passenger rear light sits in and I broke the vent trying to remove it, probably not the best thing to do but improvised with some silicone & perspex! So far no issues with air circulation or water and we've had 2 storms! Hopefully the 1 dry vent will do the job.

Thanks, Dave

Comment

Originally posted by countduckula55 View Post
            Hi, I've been reading many posts about leaking boots but thought I'd double check before I get more silicone out!

I've dried everything out and left the boot mainly empty to keep an eye on it all.

First I removed the trim above the boot to check the bungs, as they looked solid I didn't want to remove them so silicone over them.

Still leaked.

It seemed to be the passenger side so investigated further.

I've found this vent which is pretty wet (also looks wet below, right where it's been visible in boot).

It looks dry above and to the sides. Am I OK getting the silicone out on this to keep it shut?

Thanks [emoji106]
            How do u get to it
            siggy 1.6 vx line from sunny Dumbarton few mods to do to get it how I want it

Comment

Working...
            X