• Show
Clear All

Try neobrothers for oil
    Yes I know it's a Saab site but it's the same oil proper GM dexos 2 ,

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hi,
      I've been researching the oil required on the insignia B (2018 1.5t petrol) I understand the owners handbook says Dexos 1 gen 2 in a 5/30 grade. However, when you look at the oil filler cap on the engine it says 0/20 oil to be used - so, I called the main dealers for some clarity and by coincidence they'd had a technician ask the same question that day.
      I waited a week and called back and was informed that the correct oil is indeed 0/20 and not the Dexos 1 gen 2, 5/30 grade ! I wonder how many cars have had an oil change using the 5/30 so far and note that the new recommended oil is thinner at both colder temp and also hot ? Any thoughts welcome ?
      Cheers.

Comment

Thinking back to my previous Vectras before I got my Insignia Grand Sport, I discovered on the one I bought new that the initial oil fill at the factory was a higher grade than that specified in the manual (0W-20 as opposed to 5W-30). All other services were done using 5W-30, as indeed was the first service on my current car.

Comment

FFS its bad enough choosing oil without even more confusion. bring back the days when it was "Castrol GTX or Duckhams" and they were both as good, I was a Duckhams man cus I like the colour.

Comment

I used Mobil 1 (one of the first fully synthetic I think) for years until I stopped servicing myself. I stripped an engine once while tuning it with a reprofiled cylinder head, cam and uprated irmscher big end bearings. It had covered a decent mileage but still had all the cross honing marks in the bores, the old cam was like new, I was impressed. I think it was 0W40. Revved to 8000rpm once tuned no problems!

Comment

Try your local motor factors as well, mine gives me a discount when buying oil, filer and air filter at the same time, cost me £35 for 6L oil and both filters, I use the 1L as a flush before filling with fresh oil

Comment

Working...
              X