Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
    Could be that this is the reason the previous owner traded it in too
    Absolutely, he would of got a quote for the fix and it was ££££ signs so traded it in. There is a highly rated guy up north in yorkshire (think)who fixes these and many members travelled distance to get the work done, the work takes couple hours i heard using his method.

Comment

So it turns out the car is still under the original manufacturers warranty, I spoke to Evans Halshaw and they said I would be able to take it to any vauxhall dealer and have it looked at rather than going back to them (sounds like they don't really want to recover the car halfway across the country)...

Comment

Its good sign it still has warranty, yep does sound like they don't want to fix it at their own cost.

Comment

Saying that about the warranty, if the issue is covered under warranty why would the previous owner sold it

Comment

This is the first case of this issue on the 170 B20DTH engine I have seen. I would suspect it may be a different issue.

Unless it's not being completing regenerations for a long time and lots of diesel in the oil.

Note if its still under warranty from Vauxhall why did they charge you for theirs. At very least theirs should kick in the say Vauxhalls runs out.

I feel there is more to this problem than meets the eye.

Oh welcome. I also have the 170 engine so will be watching this closely.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Spoke to the local Perrys Vx garage and its booked in for Weds, means I need to rearrange my weekend plans but hopefully its worth it and it is a 'simple' fix.

You're not the first person I've seen to say the 170 is less known for this, and the bloke at this garage said he's not aware of this being a common problem either.

Oil is supposedly brand new, and looking at the dipstick is fairly light brown, transparent, and doesn't smell much different to what it smelled like on my old corsa - anything else to look out for?

Old owner seems to have exclusively driven it on motorways as the MPG was nearly 53 over 21,000 miles before i reset it, so to my eyes that makes me less suspicious about regens

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                Spoke to the local Perrys Vx garage and its booked in for Weds, means I need to rearrange my weekend plans but hopefully its worth it and it is a 'simple' fix.

You're not the first person I've seen to say the 170 is less known for this, and the bloke at this garage said he's not aware of this being a common problem either.

Oil is supposedly brand new, and looking at the dipstick is fairly light brown, transparent, and doesn't smell much different to what it smelled like on my old corsa - anything else to look out for?

Old owner seems to have exclusively driven it on motorways as the MPG was nearly 53 over 21,000 miles before i reset it, so to my eyes that makes me less suspicious about regens
                Mine was 46.2mpg over 20k miles. Yeah clutch and DMF are prone to going, but loads that last over 100k.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't touch Evans halshaw. I've read a lot of customer reviews about them... when I was looking for my insignia, I done a lot of research, and bought a good one (vx line) with 32000 on the clock. Only sold it due to family needs..

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
                    Personally, I wouldn't touch Evans halshaw. I've read a lot of customer reviews about them... when I was looking for my insignia, I done a lot of research, and bought a good one (vx line) with 32000 on the clock. Only sold it due to family needs..
                    I brought mine from EH and i know they are terrible beforehand but still took the plunge to get one that's very high spec for its time.

Comment

The first cases.. doesn't mean anything. Look they are still using the M32 gear boxes even though they know it is prone to failure. The only difference they done is upgrade couple parts to help it, but still i'm not sure if that is even good enough as i have not done any reading lately on the newer model with the uprated box. So i guess the 170 could be the same, make a couple changes.

Comment

Thank you all for your input. I've been back and forth to the Vauxhall manufacturers warranty people, Evans Halshaw warranty people, and finally the garage that I purchased the car from. Each one said it was the other's responsibility until I finally cracked and told the dealer i bought it from that unless they towed me and my car to them (120 miles or so), and gave me a courtesy car while it was in, I'd like a refund for my insignia.

Within 15 minutes had a call back with courtesy car delivered to my house tomorrow AM (sadly only a Viva but I'll get over it), I'm to take the car to the local Vx dealer which is under a different franchise (should be done under manufacturers warranty), and I can keep the courtesy car until my insignia's done.

In the midst of all those conversations I forgot to ask if they would cover the cost to tow it to the local Vx dealer (about 5 miles) - I know the oil pressure issue could range from "just developing" to "months of damage", is this truly a "do not even turn the engine on" situation, or is there a good chance i can drive it there without any lasting damage?

Comment

Sounds good you have done the right thing. Can only assume that the tow to your local garage that the original dealer foot the bill.

Comment

The dealer doing the work will more than likely have recovery truck which they can use to collect your car, If the engine is not running you will have heavy steering and no servo on brakes therefore towing unless using correct equipment is not recommended.

Comment

To get that when driving is scary, I've only had it come up and go away on cold starts and I'm getting mine done, get yours done asap!
                              2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                              honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Still not convinced this is oil seal related.

Comment

Working...
                                X