No announcement yet.

Insignia 2.0 CDTi [170] SRi 5dr Auto - Low Oil Pressure on Cold Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When done, get a receipt for the repair with listed of what has been done and replaced in details, in case that issue will come back in the near future

Comment

Yeah, I'm going along with the car so hopefully I'll be able to see what they're doing, and have a look at this seal myself - even if it isn't the cause, it seems an important thing to cross off the list. I've been quoted £54 to put the car on a flatbed and drive it 1.5 miles, and it looks like the garage I bought it from will cover that, although if I have to I will pay up myself...

Comment

Cheaper to get home-start breakdown cover and wait a couple of days until it comes into effect. Plus you'll have breakdown cover for the rest of the year

Comment

Probably! But I'm hopefully not the one paying, and I've got 2 years RAC breakdown cover through my extended warranty (although Evans Halshaw neglected to tell me that only starts in March)

Comment

Don't think it will be the oil pick up seal its a completely different engine
            Vauxhall and fiat jumped out of bed with one another in 2014

Supposedly its a Vauxhall designed engine, but wouldn't be surprised if PSA had some input
            even though they hadn't acquired them at that point.

Vauxhall have always been the same with their Diesel engine's, the two 1.7's their own and the Isuzu, their own was a lemon, the Isuzu was brilliant
            well the 8 valve anyway.
            The 2.0 DTI , strong engine a little underpowered but plagued with the vp44 diesel pump especially in the Vectra c's until they fit the 1.9,
            which I think is a brilliant engine if looked after.

Comment

If you haven't already done it, just drive, 5 miles should be fine, I've been getting the warning on mine since the start of winter and have driven over 500miles at least. I have to drive mine everyday, got it booked in to be fixed on Tuesday, and I've got to drive 200miles (4 hours) to the guy who's fixing it. 5 miles should be fine
              Edit
              DONT DRIVE IT!!!
              sorry just realised it's been coming on for you while driving!
              2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
              honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Hold on, yours does it when you're driving! Yeah don't drive!!!
                2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Multijet II used on saab 9-5 Alfa Romeo ,GM
                  As Jakxta says .
                  Don't pass go
                  Don't collect £200
                  Don't turn that key
                  Don't go into public toilets with a man called Shakin Stevens
                  Don't date a woman who's eyes are too close together
                  Don't date a woman who owns a large stew pot and a rabbit .
                  Don't touch that dial
                  Don't give up
                  Don't let the sun go down on me
                  Don't touch it !

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

As Matt says I dont think it will be the oil seal, its a different design on that engine, hopefully its a simple fix for you.
                    The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Took the car to the local Vauxhall garage (Perry's franchise). Much happier with the level of service I received, and they were really professional about the whole thing. I know one garage will always slate another's work, but they didn't seem impressed with whats gone on so far. They found: car lacking 0.5L of oil (I did check the dipstick and it was up to the top, so idk how that happened), airbox was loose, and an oil seal to the turbo was incorrectly fitted (maybe the cause?), they didn't look in the sump cause they said they think they've fixed it - if it comes back they'll be more thorough. Unfortunately, they also found that the brake pads are worn down near to the end (3mm front, 4mm back), disks are "excessively" lipped, and the front windscreen wipers are split - making me wonder if the car really did have a service, MOT, and 200+ point check before sale...

I've gone back to the original garage and said they have a responsibility to fix these as they described the car as being hassle free until my next service, and the garage here said I'd probably have had illegally low brake measurements by then. As I'd only driven 200 miles or so in the car prior to this I would think that the original service or MOT should have picked up on this, and it should have been done prior to sale.

One thing after another with this car, but I'm just glad I get to drive it around again now!

*Just to clarify, message flashed on when engine first turns over but then went after a split second, I thought I'd said that before. It doesn't come up while driving. Fingers crossed its gone for good.

Comment

But is it still flashing up when you start engine. Trust me it shouldn't. I had similar when had my Astra ST, took it back and demanded new brakes and discs all round.

So had all the work been carried out? Is the original garage wanting the car back to do any work. You said a 200 point inspection, it's not Network Q is it?

Don't want to rain on your parade, but when spend serious money the least you should expect is it to be as described.

In all honestly I'd drive it back to them and tell then to sort completely or reject the car. Sorry.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Its not Network Q, but I haven't actually paid for anything myself yet, and I won't be either. The work wasn't carried out as you're right, the least I should expect is for a roadworthy car. I've emailed the manager of the original garage and I'm awaiting a response now. If its not good enough, I'll be driving the car back for your second suggestion. I'll have spent hours of my life I won't get back, but at least I won't be out of pocket for it (provided theres no problems returning it..)

Edit: No it is not flashing up whatsoever anymore, but I've only driven the car once.

Comment

That just leaves a sour taste on my mouth like a crocodiles tally wackle
                            As Matt says , you have spent you own hard earned money on a car you liked enough to buy .
                            And to not only have the oil light come on but now all the other bits that require replacing.
                            Trust is a very hard thing to earn but easier to loose .
                            Hopefully once all is done you can at least begin to enjoy the car without the niggles at the back of you head .

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Surprise surprise, Evans Halshaw are being unhelpful about the brakes saying 3mm is their "remit" on brakes, and they wouldn't replace anything above it. They said nothing had been flagged in the MOT, Service, or presales check. They've offered to pay for the split wipers, claimed they never unbolted the airbox or the damaged oil filter, and said they will not cover the cost of the brakes or disks.

I've now contacted Vauxhall themselves about this, as regardless of whether Evans Halshaw think 3mm is good enough, wear to the brake disks should at least have been flagged up to me when I asked about foreseeable problems with the car. Vauxhall have said they will investigate, and should Evans Halshaw continue to refuse, I think I do still have grounds to return the car, as sad as that will be.

Thank you all for your help through this, I'm hoping this is nearing the end of the saga now...

Comment

I do believe you can still reject the car if you wanted to. And I'd have thought 3mm would have been flagged up. Sure someone would know.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                                Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
                                X