Insignia 2.0 CDTi [170] SRi 5dr Auto - Low Oil Pressure on Cold Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
    Just had a call to pick the car up from the local Perry's, they finally managed to see the message for themselves and they've told me that to their knowledge, the car is safe to drive - they're going to try changing an oil pressure switch which might take 2-3 working days to get ordered in. If that doesn't work, they'll have it back, strip the engine, and give me a hire car for a few weeks.
    Really. A warning like that and it's safe to drive? Hope you have it in writing. When I had a fault on the Astra they couldn't do the work for three weeks, so I booked it in, then they told me if I was to drive the car in that time and it went wrong then it was my fault and all work chargeable. Needless to say I wasn't happy and it got booked in somewhere else that same week. It was a warranty job.

I might sound like I see only the bad, just really want you to get this sorted. I couldn't have gone this long, would have rejected car .

Sorry.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
      Really. A warning like that and it's safe to drive? Hope you have it in writing. When I had a fault on the Astra they couldn't do the work for three weeks, so I booked it in, then they told me if I was to drive the car in that time and it went wrong then it was my fault and all work chargeable. Needless to say I wasn't happy and it got booked in somewhere else that same week. It was a warranty job.

I might sound like I see only the bad, just really want you to get this sorted. I couldn't have gone this long, would have rejected car .

Sorry.
      Just about to say the same I would not risk it as you say its getting worse. why can you not keep the courtesy car until they have the part and fitted it? it may well last but could be doing damage that will show up later.

Comment

Any warning light is there for a reason as we all know.
        No one.even the dealer has a crystal ball.not unless they are mystic meg .
        Your a very patient man , but I suppose all the advice you are getting is making you feel a bit uneasy .
        But it's fantastic advice.and truthful and honest.
        As Matt said unless in writing then you drive it at your own risk .

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Good points. I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask for an email explaining their findings & saying they OK me to drive the car...

Its a bit complicated in that this is dealing with local Vx while my earlier issues were with Vx back home where I bought the car, who gave me a car off the forecourt for a week.

I would have thought since they're only waiting on the part, I wouldn't be entitled to a courtesy car. And yeah I'm probably too patient and too optimistic, but I guess I'm doing my best to hope this is just a sensor problem and nothing more serious...

Comment

As said,I would not drive it,damage will be done until it's sorted,the car is telling there is something wrong with the warnings.
            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but here's some more updates. After they changed the oil pressure switch, and me driving 600+ miles, the message popped up again this Friday just gone. I had the car immediately booked in for this morning, and said I was tired of them plugging it into diagnostics and telling me there was no true problem, had them drop the sump. They've said they're changing the entire oil pickup pipe, as well as a seal near the gearbox/driveshaft which was starting to go, the parts are due in on Wednesday. So all in all it turns out that the "whisper" engine does have the same problem as the earlier models. Lucky this all cropped up while under warranty, and it seems this was definitely an early warning as the car still runs like a dream. Going to call back in a bit and ask if they can keep the old parts to show me, as I'm interested as to how they degraded so much within 3 years.

Comment

Think its all got to do with pish poor servicing and using crap oil and filters,plus the lack of regens probably not finished and diesel dumped into the oil----that's why I do my own oil and filter changes----the use of the correct grade oils is essential with these engines plus it pays to do at least 2 full services a year not what the manufacturers say------Dave

Comment

Finances don't really allow for two services a year, but I'll be learning how to change the oil myself for sure, and do it halfway between services (maybe I'll even go crazy and learn how to change an oil filter too). In terms of failed regens, I'm starting to think I'll need to install one of those LEDs to monitor it, as my infotainment screen doesn't have a top consumers screen cause its not Ecoflex... Although I regularly drive 100+ miles on the motorway, so it probably just gets them out of the way then without me even noticing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                    Finances don't really allow for two services a year, but I'll be learning how to change the oil myself for sure, and do it halfway between services (maybe I'll even go crazy and learn how to change an oil filter too). In terms of failed regens, I'm starting to think I'll need to install one of those LEDs to monitor it, as my infotainment screen doesn't have a top consumers screen cause its not Ecoflex... Although I regularly drive 100+ miles on the motorway, so it probably just gets them out of the way then without me even noticing.
                    ive an ecoflex and it doesn't appear on my top consumers list.

ive got the led fitted.....its perfect.

Comment

Working...
                    X