Insignia 2.0 CDTi [170] SRi 5dr Auto - Low Oil Pressure on Cold Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia 2.0 CDTi [170] SRi 5dr Auto - Low Oil Pressure on Cold Start

Apologies for what seems like yet another thread about this issue but I seem to be in a slightly different position to most and I'd be very grateful for a more experienced opinion than mine on this.

I've had this same issue many are complaining about, but unlike most, I bought this car less than a week ago from an Evans Halshaw Vauxhall dealer. Its done roughly 38,000 miles, and is just under 3 years old (late 2016-early 2017), Its a 6 speed Auto.

I've had this flash up three times now, on my way to and back from the shops yesterday, and today, when I videoed it coming up as future proof, and before seeing the thousands of posts about it I put it down to the sensor being weird as it started up.

I have bought 24 months extended warranty (parts and breakdown guarantee), and was wondering where I stand with this. There are no unusual sounds coming from the engine, oil was changed a few hundred miles ago, and when I checked the dipstick, its full to the brim.

I was planning on driving close to 300 miles this weekend, and now I don't know whether that risks totalling the car (and if it does, would I be covered under the warranty since this is an inherent fault with the model? Or would they say it was my fault somehow?).

Thank you in advance for your time!

Click image for larger version

Name:	insignia.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	249536

Hi Kyle,Maybe introduce yourself and then post your issue,have a read of this:https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...orum-etiquette
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
      Hi Kyle,Maybe introduce yourself and then post your issue,have a read of this:https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...orum-etiquette
      My apologies. I'll pop a hello in there - I didn't see the bit about an introduction before posting here

Comment

No problem,you will get a better response to your problem,Welcome btw
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Probably oil pick up seal needs to be replaced, if not your engine may go bang, read a bit more about it online, plenty out there, recommended not using the car until sorted, and replace the seal ASAP, if you like that car,

Comment

Originally posted by a602820922 View Post
            Probably oil pick up seal needs to be replaced, if not your engine may go bang, read a bit more about it online, plenty out there, recommended not using the car until sorted, and replace the seal ASAP, if you like that car,
            Yep....I'm in the same frame of mind......but I'm sure the 170 engine is known as the whisper engine and isn't affected by this issue.

But.....that been said, even with 38k on the clock, something isn't right.
            Last edited by RBH; 30-01-2020, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Thats a bit concerning I thought Vauxhall had sorted the oil pick up issue on the latter engines!

Comment

Thank you all for your replies, I’ll call them up later today & see how they intend to get me and the car the 100 or so miles back tk them!

Comment

That doesn't look good with that message. This is the early warning the oil pick up seal needs replacing. Make sure they fix your car and don't let them fob you off nothing is wrong with them saying thats because engine is cold so oil will have lower pressure hence the message etc.

Comment

You still have time for a refund if you are not happy with their customer service in dealing with the issue.

Comment

Also did the message pop up first day after you brought it, saying that does depend on the outside temperature.

Wondering if they know about it already and still sold you a faulty car.

Comment

Yes, I think I’ll be threatening that if they don’t being it in for a fix, I’d be returning it (as much as I love the car)...

Comment

No, drove it about 400 miles or so before the message popped up, purchased thursday last week and popped up 2 days ago on tuesday night when it was mega cold!

Comment

In that case i think they know about the issue already but still sold it without fixing.

When you buy from these big garages you expect to buy a trouble free car and they would have inspected when they took delivery of it, but that isn't true at all. They take delivery and just give it a simple wash.

Comment

Could be that this is the reason the previous owner traded it in too

Comment

Working...
                              X