New intercooler pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New intercooler pipe

Mine seems to have split, so I was looking for a replacement. This seems very cheap:

Is it too cheap, or just very good value?

Dirt Cheap, wonder if the thickness is less 1mm and you can squeeze it

Comment

The listing says it's genuine oem. Sure, delivered by a flying unicorn too...

I ordered one, let's see how bad it really is.

Comment

From the description : "High quality reinforced rubber for higher pressure than original rubber hoses". So it's OEM but not really OEM as they claim it's better than the original...

Comment

It came yesterday, I've messed about working out how to fit it for far too long. Quality seems pretty good, if anything it's thicker and heavier than the old one. But...

The seal at the top end is the wrong size. So I reused the old one, not a very big deal, but I wasted a lot of time trying to use the new one first.

Also, the black plastic clip which holds the spring clip (also at the top end) was broken. Again, nbd, but a bit annoying.

I'm a lot more annoyed now I've managed to drop the old plastic clip down somewhere it's unreachable. Is the clip really needed? Please say no

How about a bit of duct tape?

Comment

Oh FFS. Just tested it and the joint between the plastic elbow and the intercooler popped off. Nothing to do with the cheap hose. How is it supposed to go back together? I messed around with it for ages, because it didn't seem to have clipped on right.

Comment

Got there in the end. Not enough light yesterday, couldn't see how it needed to line up. Had to push up on the rubber hose to bend it slightly, then the elbow clipped on fine.

Idk if a more expensive hose would fit slightly better and be easier. Maybe just that it's so cold the hose is more rigid than usual.

Comment

Working...
              X