Oil pick up seal question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pick up seal question?

Hi all, I'm thinking of buying another insignia soon, I totally regret selling my old one. I'm on a budget of £5000-£5500. Theres plenty out there, my question is, upto what year does the dreaded oil pick up seal affect the engine. There's a load on A/T but many are high milers, and don't want to end up forking out more money. Some garages are unaware of this problem..my preference is another vx line nav. I may even consider a petrol version..as my regen light used to come on cos I don't do the mileage..

when from what i read affects all the diesel 2.0 A's

Comment

Probably best to change to petrol then, the 2.0 turbos are hard to get hold of. What are the 1.8 engines like..

Comment

I had a preface 2012 2.0 cdti 160 Sri (though I believe it was a 2013 MY) I did 100k miles in it and was never aware of the problem. The engine was great, just got faster as it got older.

Comment

You can treat the oil seal replacement like a service item, replacing it every 3 years maybe. So get it done as soon as you get it

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
            Probably best to change to petrol then, the 2.0 turbos are hard to get hold of. What are the 1.8 engines like..
            I be selling mine soon with full years mot and serviced.
            Its a 2012 1.6 Turbo sri nav hatchback in carbon flash with fully loaded spec. It has done 93k. I'm the 2nd owner. Comes with a folder of receipts.

Comment

Seal isn't that big of an issue plus there is a guy recommended highly on here at very good price for the job.
              If memory serves me right it's around 200 including oil, filter.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                Seal isn't that big of an issue plus there is a guy recommended highly on here at very good price for the job.
                If memory serves me right it's around 200 including oil, filter.
                Correct. He also does a service package with cambelt to around £400-£450.

Comment

If you kept getting the regen light you'd just as well go for a petrol. Just make sure it's one with a turbo, or it will be boring and terrible for fuel
                  2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                  honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post
                    If you kept getting the regen light you'd just as well go for a petrol. Just make sure it's one with a turbo, or it will be boring and terrible for fuel
                    I'd second that, only thing is that the 1.8 is one of the most reliable ones but is so gutless because the Insignias are really heavy. If you're not a speed demon or mind the below average fuel consumption, it will probably be adequate though. Always a caveat

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                      I'd second that, only thing is that the 1.8 is one of the most reliable ones but is so gutless because the Insignias are really heavy. If you're not a speed demon or mind the below average fuel consumption, it will probably be adequate though. Always a caveat
                      Nothing worse than the economy of a performance petrol with no performance! Haha been there!
                      honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Nothing worse than the economy of a performance petrol with no performance! Haha been there!
                        Agreed but some better performing engines most likely have a lot more go wrong than the 1.8 ever will. If a person is purely after a reliable engine, unlike others who like better performance but willing to sacrifice reliability(me included), the 1.8 is a better choice. I have that situation with my Vectra 1.8 and Insignia. I know I can hop in the Vectra and go anywhere without worrying if something might go wrong(yes, it's not a beast and fortunately a lot lighter than the Insignia) whereas with the Insignia, touch wood has been reasonable so far but I always have that feeling in the back of my head that there are so much more to go wrong ie. Turbo among other complicated things. I suppose preference is the answer

Comment

If it was me 1.8 VX line
                          Maybe not the most powerful car on paper ( which everyone seems to squalk about )
                          But yes there maybe a different in performance but between driving my wife's 1.5 truck and my 1.9 tid there's really nothing in it .
                          And on today's roads you cannot go fast if that's your bag .
                          The only downside is I've heard a few suffer from head gasket failure .and I think early versions had problems with the gearbox ( but a search on here will find loads of threads
                          The 2.0 litre petrol is a beast , but you have the added worry of cam chain or guides or followers water pumps failing because there's no service schedule ( which garages put down as a selling point )
                          And I suppose the tax band is higher .
                          So my fave is the 1.8 VX line which I'm considering myself.

.K.M.P.C.U
                          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                            And on today's roads you cannot go fast if that's your bag .
                            Luckily in my area I can nearly always go fast!

Comment

Luckily in my area I can nearly always go fast!
                              It's because you like to hit those puddles hard

Comment

Working...
                              X