HIDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIDs

I realise that this has been brought up many times. So apologies for yet another thread. All of the links and suggestions on previous threads don’t seem to go anywhere or no longer exist.

I’m after a set of of error free HID bulbs for my 2016 Sri that are reasonably priced. I’m getting so fed up of driving in the dark down country roads with crappy light in front of me. Full beam doesn’t seem to make much of difference either!

A quick search brings up so many, and I’d rather order a set that are proven to work reliably from people who actually have them.

I would consider LEDs too, but everyone here seems to say they don’t do a much better job than the halogens...Unless anyone can correct me on this?

All help greatly appreciated.

I have these in my facelift and have been relatively fault free - I had 1 ballast fail after 1 year but they honoured their 2 year warranty. The bulbs I've had 2 years and I just replaced them both last night as one started yellowing.

2 x Ac 9012 HIR2 Bulbs. 35W Canbus. 55W Canbus. Super Canbus. Canbus 501 T10 Leds. Canbus Festoon Leds. HID Xenon KitsHID Xenon Kits. These kits are developed by our in-house engineers, who work closely with the manufacturer to our exacting specifications.

Comment

Originally posted by leearnold89 View Post
      I have these in my facelift and have been relatively fault free - I had 1 ballast fail after 1 year but they honoured their 2 year warranty. The bulbs I've had 2 years and I just replaced them both last night as one started yellowing.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-...wkahsl823l_S7Q
      Thanks for the reply.

Okay, just out of interest, how much did you pay for the replacement bulb? Have you had any issues with MOT or do you remove them for it?

Comment

I have koomtoom blue mini LED's and they are a lot better than std but not as bright as the LED's in my wifes car, these will soon be changed to ones with a more Lm output. no error message on dash and evverything fits inside.
        I'd have a HID conversion but as my MOT is in a couple of weeks i cant garantee the weather will be fine for me to change them to STD the day before and i need the better illumination.

I think the elite has HID's as std so you may get away with it as long as the beam angle is correct and there's nothing visable in the engine bay to show its been converted.

Comment

Originally posted by Groovyblues View Post
          Thanks for the reply.

Okay, just out of interest, how much did you pay for the replacement bulb? Have you had any issues with MOT or do you remove them for it?
          £10 for 2 bulbs - Mostly all the bulbs are generic across all HID kits - 9006 bulbs fit with a bit of trimming

No issue with the MOT - has sailed through each time since fitting

Comment

£10 for 2 bulbs - Mostly all the bulbs are generic across all HID kits - 9006 bulbs fit with a bit of trimming

No issue with the MOT - has sailed through each time since fitting
            What is the fitting difficulty like? Everything fits in the housing well enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Groovyblues View Post
              What is the fitting difficulty like? Everything fits in the housing well enough?
              I have heard it is possible but I gave it a go and gave up and it just wasn't going in. The bulbs fit as normal but there isn't much room for big hands .

I have drilled the holes and the HIDs are very visible and sit outside the headlights. Passenger side is parked by the battery and the drivers side is trim taped to the side of the light.. I can take a pic if you like

Comment

HIDs

I have heard it is possible but I gave it a go and gave up and it just wasn't going in. The bulbs fit as normal but there isn't much room for big hands .

I have drilled the holes and the HIDs are very visible and sit outside the headlights. Passenger side is parked by the battery and the drivers side is trim taped to the side of the light.. I can take a pic if you like
                Okay. Please mate, that would be great. Thanks! No rush though.

Comment

HID all fits more than easily in the headlight unit itself - ample room down the sides for ballasts and cancellors that come with the kit. I had a set in my faceilft A for 4 years, paid £45 for the kit, no faults and no errors in that time. My wife now has the car and run it with HID for a further year, again, no faults. Took me 15 minutes to fit at first with lots of swear words wondering how it fitted, but after doing it a few times, I could fit both sides in less than 2 minutes - all inside the headlight itself.

HID are now fully illegal and as such we have fitted the car with LED bulbs. It really is a case of getting the right bulb with LED. They are definitely better than the halogen, but don't project as far on main beam. One issue you will have if you fit HID is that if you need to flash anyone in the daytime, it;'s very hard to tell as the HID takes 30 seconds for the bulb to get to full brightness. When turned on, you'll get a brief flash and then they dim straight away to side light brightness.
                  LED is instant and flashing is no problem in the daytime.

Personally I'd rather be legal and have 'better' lights, rather than illegal and 'the best' lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewy1971 View Post
                    HID all fits more than easily in the headlight unit itself - ample room down the sides for ballasts and cancellors that come with the kit. I had a set in my faceilft A for 4 years, paid £45 for the kit, no faults and no errors in that time. My wife now has the car and run it with HID for a further year, again, no faults. Took me 15 minutes to fit at first with lots of swear words wondering how it fitted, but after doing it a few times, I could fit both sides in less than 2 minutes - all inside the headlight itself.

HID are now fully illegal and as such we have fitted the car with LED bulbs. It really is a case of getting the right bulb with LED. They are definitely better than the halogen, but don't project as far on main beam. One issue you will have if you fit HID is that if you need to flash anyone in the daytime, it;'s very hard to tell as the HID takes 30 seconds for the bulb to get to full brightness. When turned on, you'll get a brief flash and then they dim straight away to side light brightness.
                    LED is instant and flashing is no problem in the daytime.

Personally I'd rather be legal and have 'better' lights, rather than illegal and 'the best' lights.
                    I’m with you on the legality side of things. I’d rather not have the hassle. Any recommendations on LED bulbs? I can do without a decent main beam. As long as I can generally see more with dipped beam, I’ll be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy6boys View Post
                      I have koomtoom blue mini LED's and they are a lot better than std but not as bright as the LED's in my wifes car, these will soon be changed to ones with a more Lm output. no error message on dash and evverything fits inside.
                      I'd have a HID conversion but as my MOT is in a couple of weeks i cant garantee the weather will be fine for me to change them to STD the day before and i need the better illumination.

I think the elite has HID's as std so you may get away with it as long as the beam angle is correct and there's nothing visable in the engine bay to show its been converted.
                      Which LEDs have you been looking at getting for the car?

Comment

Here are the left and right setups - not elegant but no problems with MOT

Chewy some kits go in just fine but my cancellers are larger than the normal ones and just will not all fit inside the headlight together

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0937.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	244470

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0936.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	244471

Comment

I saw this vid the other day, these seem to be better that my wife's car currently - I have adjusted the level in my wife's car but not yet seen the result as I felt too much light was right in front of the car rather than spread. So I'm checking that first and then that I have twisted them to the correct position, as that can be a problem as well. I over tightened the HID once on it resulted in the right beam pattern, but a lower beam level and not as bright,.. clicked it back and it was spot on again. Still, the ones fitted are better than the halogens currently.

These bulbs are a different model to mine but the work just as great, especially in a projector lense. Enjoy... A5 Series LED Headlight Bulbs 9012:http://bit...

Comment

I've posted this link numerous times now.
                            These are what I bought, nearly 2 years old now....never missed a beat.
                            I bought the 6k ones, but it's personal preference to what anyone else wants.

There are a few other on here have bought them too through this link.......

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                              I've posted this link numerous times now.
                              These are what I bought, nearly 2 years old now....never missed a beat.
                              I bought the 6k ones, but it's personal preference to what anyone else wants.

There are a few other on here have bought them too through this link.......

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F272566154318
                              Thanking you. I’ll take a look. Seem very reasonably priced.

Comment

Working...
                              X