X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error codes what do i need to fix

Hello got a petrol A20NHT insignia
    I get service your car soon message
    And I read the below error codes (check image)
    İs it a faulty camshaft sensor?
    Kindly advise

Hello, as you can see the mixture is too lean , so the ECU is trying to over compensate by inducing more fuel , which means you have an air leak , which is the code P2187
    P2261 turbocharger/ supercharger mechanical bypass .
    Which could be a split pipe on the wategate side , boost sensor or wiring or vacuum leak , wastegate stuck open or closed .
    But first check for vacuum leak as your mixture is too lean .
    Code P0010 could be either of the following, canshaft sensor faulty , wiring faulty ,canshaft may of skipped a tooth .
    You should be able to test the camshaft sensor by using a multimeter, on the plug too see if you have a reference signal and you should have voltage/ in wave form coming out .

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
      Hello, as you can see the mixture is too lean , so the ECU is trying to over compensate by inducing more fuel , which means you have an air leak , which is the code P2187
      P2261 turbocharger/ supercharger mechanical bypass .
      Which could be a split pipe on the wategate side , boost sensor or wiring or vacuum leak , wastegate stuck open or closed .
      But first check for vacuum leak as your mixture is too lean .
      Code P0010 could be either of the following, canshaft sensor faulty , wiring faulty ,canshaft may of skipped a tooth .
      You should be able to test the camshaft sensor by using a multimeter, on the plug too see if you have a reference signal and you should have voltage/ in wave form coming out .
      Regarding p0010 you mean these sensors/solenoids (check image)

Comment

Originally posted by alihijazi View Post
        Regarding p0010 you mean these sensors/solenoids (check image)
        The MOST likely cause for p0010 is a faulty or blocked camshaft position actuator(inlet) as you marked in your pic, it's a very common problem but do note there is a chance it could also be other things as lizzard said above so might need testing if you don't want to throw random parts at it. I had this with mine when I first bought it and was an easy fix. Also make sure your oil is clean as that's the reason why it would get blocked in the first place if that's the cause, they have a little screen filter wrapped around the solenoid which collects fine debris that might end up in the oil and this could eventually block it, which starves it of oil causing issues. Some people remove these filters to prevent it happening but I didn't do that as it's easy enough to check once in a while and my oil is changed twice a year.

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
          The MOST likely cause for p0010 is a faulty or blocked camshaft position actuator(inlet) as you marked in your pic, it's a very common problem but do note there is a chance it could also be other things as lizzard said above so might need testing if you don't want to throw random parts at it. I had this with mine when I first bought it and was an easy fix. Also make sure your oil is clean as that's the reason why it would get blocked in the first place if that's the cause, they have a little screen filter wrapped around the solenoid which collects fine debris that might end up in the oil and this could eventually block it, which starves it of oil causing issues. Some people remove these filters to prevent it happening but I didn't do that as it's easy enough to check once in a while and my oil is changed twice a year.
          Great common sense knowledgeable post. More of this on the Forum please.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
            Great common sense knowledgeable post. More of this on the Forum please.
            Thanks for that, that's why this is a great forum in the first place. We all know how frustrating it can be if we struggle to sort our problems out and maybe manage it if someone helped out. I don't want to take all the credit, so I'll say it's partly lizzard-t too , he seems a bit wacky on the introductions but that adds to the character of the forum and always see posts from him trying to help. Anyway OP, I hope you manage to get to the bottom of your problems

Comment

Oh, since I'm 'diplomatic' as I was quoted on here before. I just wanted to make sure my wacky comment was meant in a good way lizzard-t, I know you have a sense of humour so I should be ok

Comment

MR tens6 nothing upsets me And I take that comment in a fantastic way
                I only get upset if people call me a jarhead !
                Great write up from you .

.K.M.P.C.U
                YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                  MR tens6 nothing upsets me And I take that comment in a fantastic way
                  I only get upset if people call me a jarhead !
                  Great write up from you .
                  Thanks jarh...nevermind I thought as much and thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tens6 View Post
                    I replaced the solenoids with new ones (inlet and exhaust)
                    The car is perfect now very responsive and it changed a lot
                    No more error codes

Comment

Originally posted by alihijazi View Post
                      I replaced the solenoids with new ones (inlet and exhaust)
                      The car is perfect now very responsive and it changed a lot
                      No more error codes
                      Ah, good to hear. Probably only needed one but nothing wrong with doing both to be sure and should hopefully be good for the foreseeable future. Thanks for letting us know

Comment

Good to hear
                        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
                        X