• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold start problems

Hi
    I have a 2012 insignia
    Cdti Sri 4x4
    If the temperature drops below 0 it won’t start until the temperature warms
    Rac have been out lots, even put it in the garage too. Nothing shows on the computer
    Fantastic car but frustrating during the winter

Dont drive when the temp is below 0.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmyxx44 View Post
      Hi
      I have a 2012 insignia
      Cdti Sri 4x4
      If the temperature drops below 0 it won’t start until the temperature warms
      Rac have been out lots, even put it in the garage too. Nothing shows on the computer
      Fantastic car but frustrating during the winter
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Lol

Originally posted by buttons View Post
        Very funny. That’s the problem

Comment

Hi Jimmy, welcome to the forum but dissapointing you've not had the courtesy to introduce yourself

This may help with your problem as you haven't really given a lot of information
          1. Battery Capacity Diminished Far and away the number one reason that your Insignia won't start in the cold is the battery. A battery has two different ratings, cranking amps and cold cranking amps. Cold cranking amps are the batteries ability to start turn the engine over when it is cold. Battery capacity diminishes with
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Moved to somewhere warmer......like Inverness.

Comment

Hello jimmyXX44 .as said above. Go to reception area and give us a big yooooooohoooooooo
              Tell us about yourself and your car
              And if you feel brave about yourself
              Me ?
              I like looking up at the moon , to see if I can spot the clangers, the soup dragon , and the iron chicken.
              But really can't go on much without fault codes, so maybe the garages diagnostic equipment could be analogue.

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Funny, I thought lizzard-t liked howling at the moon
                2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
                  Funny, I thought lizzard-t liked howling at the moon
                  And I thought thought PeteH just liked pulling moons [emoji85]

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                  Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Im going to start a new thread, about building a space rocket to go and explore unknown life form on different planets .
                    Watch this space !

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

My uncle was a TV producer, one of his shows was Button Moon!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Buttonmoonposter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	244501

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                        Or set the car to USA units so temperature is in Fahrenheit.

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                          Im going to start a new thread, about building a space rocket to go and explore unknown life form on different planets .
                          Watch this space !
                          It'll never get off the ground
                          2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                          Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                            Watch this space !
                            Well....you've got not a bad start.....coz half the bloody space cadets that join up here can go with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                              My uncle was a TV producer, one of his shows was Button Moon!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3569[/ATTACH]
                              MR spoon was my hero

.K.M.P.C.U
                              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                              X