Turbo on renault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo on renault

Changed oil on my renault yesterday (its the 1.5 Dci engine) noticed there is a fair amount of oil under the turbo and dripping onto exhaust looking on ebay i notice there is a unit that looks to fit inside to refurbish old unit link below, Has any one used/fitted anything similar, if so how hard are they to fit , how reliable just wondering why anyone would buy full turbo rather than just the inners! bearing in mind the car does not have much value its a 2008 so 12 years old and the cost of genuine parts from renault would be high.

Those char seem to be ok as long as there's no scoring on the turbo body walls .
    There is a chap on YouTube did a video on how to change one
    L&M auto repairs
    If you are interested

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

So Im best taking it off and inspecting before ordering, just need to keep it going till after mrs car (merc) goes into paint shop for the wing painting she had little confrontation with the brick pillar between garage doors. Would you have any recommendation on good brand, looks like some are chinese.

Comment

Try to keep away from those Chinese versions, but , there is a place on/line
        London turbos ,
        I got an exchange complete turbo from them but they also do the char as well .

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Right will check them out, Thanks lizzard-t.

Comment

If the bearings and internals are fine, can't you just change the seals?

Comment

Are you sure it's not the oil return pipe?
              Changing the chra is quite simple what bhp is engine?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                Are you sure it's not the oil return pipe?
                Changing the chra is quite simple what bhp is engine?
                Originally posted by BodgeItAndScarper View Post
                If the bearings and internals are fine, can't you just change the seals?
                Thinking I need to get under car and do little more investigation, wondering if taking cat off will allow me to get my hands (its a right pig to get at) in and give it a good clean then refit cat and run engine again to re- check, Its the 86 bhp version, would be nice if it was just a oil feed or return pipe but looking on internet the turbo is known to have problems at 50+ thousand miles (its now done 55000).

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                  Thinking I need to get under car and do little more investigation, wondering if taking cat off will allow me to get my hands (its a right pig to get at) in and give it a good clean then refit cat and run engine again to re- check, Its the 86 bhp version, would be nice if it was just a oil feed or return pipe but looking on internet the turbo is known to have problems at 50+ thousand miles (its now done 55000).
                  Have you checked it for play?
                  If memory serves me right they aren't that common for turbo failure. Check the oil catch bottle if fitted, oil return pipe for blockages or splits also check the intake pipe for any signs of heavy oil. A little will be fine but if it's swimming new chra will probably be required as internal seals have went.

Comment

Have you checked it for play?
                    If memory serves me right they aren't that common for turbo failure. Check the oil catch bottle if fitted, oil return pipe for blockages or splits also check the intake pipe for any signs of heavy oil. A little will be fine but if it's swimming new chra will probably be required as internal seals have went.
                    Need to check but probably this weekend just ordering some gaskets as its in terrible place being right down behind back so hoping by removing catalytic converter and working from underneath It will be easier to get at. while i'm at it hoping to get EGR valve and pipework/manifold off and give it good klean then block it off. lookly i purchased some hydraulic ramps in December so i can get under easier they do have little disadvantage thou (when its on them i cannot reach back of engine from above) we have some strong boxs that pto's come in at work so couple of them needed.

Comment

Need to check but probably this weekend just ordering some gaskets as its in terrible place being right down behind back so hoping by removing catalytic converter and working from underneath It will be easier to get at. while i'm at it hoping to get EGR valve and pipework/manifold off and give it good klean then block it off. lookly i purchased some hydraulic ramps in December so i can get under easier they do have little disadvantage thou (when its on them i cannot reach back of engine from above) we have some strong boxs that pto's come in at work so couple of them needed.
                      Give the threads a good soak in wd40 couple of days before mind
                      Last thing you want it to do is sheer the studs. Since Renault never fitted a v band turbo .
                      Does it loose much oil over a period?

Comment

Give the threads a good soak in wd40 couple of days before mind
                        Last thing you want it to do is sheer the studs. Since Renault never fitted a v band turbo .
                        Does it loose much oil over a period?
                        There is not any signs of oil on drive, most gets burned off as it drips onto catalytic converter with rest collecting on under engine plastic cover. I have never needed to add any oil in the last 2 years (7000 mile)

Comment

Not loosing much then, hopefully it's just a blocked crank breather or full oil separator etc

Comment

It got to be worth a look if only for completeness will have to identify breather and separator been looking at "catcar" and "partsqou" but there if some parts hard to find such as oil feed pipe to turbo (its the model code FPOF)

Comment

It got to be worth a look if only for completeness will have to identify breather and separator been looking at "catcar" and "partsqou" but there if some parts hard to find such as oil feed pipe to turbo (its the model code FPOF)
                              Do you know the last 3 number of engine like k9k 728...

Comment

Working...
                              X