Vauxhall insignia 170 diesel engine design fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vauxhall insignia 170 diesel engine design fault

I had a 65 reg insignia which had the then new 170 D engine, it developed a nasty engine noise, it was in at the VX dealers at 80k miles for a service and I asked them to look at it, they came back with "its a bit rattly" but ok.
    I wasnt convinced so had it to a local well respected garage who diagnosed it pretty much straight away, severly worn cam chain and sprockets, these were replaced and car back to sweet as a nut.
    two years later new type insignia B with same engine, and starts to rattle at around 60k, same garage found same fault!
    the chain is so badly stretch its hitting the engine housing!
    The local garage tell me VX are stocking these parts, what does that tell you?
    Ive contacted VX customer services and its taken them 4 months to finally respond and they deny all knowledge, this is surely a design fault they should be taking reponsibility for?

Forget CS. Go to the top. Stephen Norman. The last time I contacted him he was at: Stephen.norman@vauxhall.co.uk. SVP & Managing Director, Vauxhall Motors. Or his assistant director of communications at : jeremy.townsend@opel-vauxhall.com. I've had great success going this route re a ECU a few years back on a 09 ST. Go this route and you will get an answer. And quick smart. Check email addresses as I may be out of date.

Comment

Working...
    X