Volkswagen Passat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volkswagen Passat

I've had my Insignia for just about a year now but decided to go back to a VW Passat.

Collect it on Wednesday.

It is a 68 plate R line. Got a good amount of equipment. Including

AAC
    Heated front window
    Heated seats
    Folding mirrors
    LED headlights
    Fog lights with cornering function
    Panoramic opening sunroof
    and more

Click image for larger version

Name:	car1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	249551Click image for larger version

Name:	car2.jpg
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	249552Click image for larger version

Name:	car3.jpg
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	249553

Looks nice, enjoy!

Comment

Nice motor
      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

That's really nice.
        Love the colour

Comment

Other half has an Astra but then went belly up so whilst it was being sorted she borrowed one of these from work, more or less identical to yours. I didnt get to drive it unfortunately as i wasnt insured on it but the other half was a massive fan of it having used it for a couple of longer journeys as well. She popped from ours in Chesterfield to watch her beloved Sunderland at Tranmere the other night and she made a point of saying she enjoyed the drive home which is something she never says. The sunroof is really good with it being half the roof and makes it really nice and light in the car. I doubt she used the digital dash to its full extent but it looked quite cool, her mum has got a similar one on her new Ateca and i doubt that one will ever get changed from the screen it came on.

The Passat was returned yesterday and she's back in her Astra....i dont think it will be with us much longer as its fully paid off and will be a massive come down from the Passat. She gets a fairly decent car allowance from work so i suspect we'll be car shopping soon.

Comment

I could never understand why VW never made a hatch back version - the body shape cries out for it (likewise the Jaguar XE)
            2018 1.5T SRi Nav
            Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Originally posted by PeteH View Post
              I could never understand why VW never made a hatch back version - the body shape cries out for it (likewise the Jaguar XE)
              They did that CC version which was nice but like you say a hatchback one would have been popular i think, i always think saloons are limiting due to the boots. Didnt Audi do a 5dr hatchback A5 which would have been along similar lines to a hatchback Passat.

Jaguar need to pull their finger out and do an estate XE as well. No idea why they dont.

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                They did that CC version which was nice but like you say a hatchback one would have been popular i think, i always think saloons are limiting due to the boots. Didnt Audi do a 5dr hatchback A5 which would have been along similar lines to a hatchback Passat.

Jaguar need to pull their finger out and do an estate XE as well. No idea why they dont.
                Skoda did the hatch that was also a saloon with the bi-fold boot, I think it was the Superb but I don't know if it caught on?

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                  Skoda did the hatch that was also a saloon with the bi-fold boot, I think it was the Superb but I don't know if it caught on?
                  Not seen that before and looks like its on the earlier models and then dropped. Video about it here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJZ5IgzI6xo

Only thing is i suspect its quite expensive to do and just another thing to break for not loads of benefits. Seen estates\SUVs where they have something similar where you can just pop the glass bit open whilst the Renault Modus had the "Shopping Chute" which was similar.

Name:	img_3207.jpg
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	244524

In fact the Yukon XL we had in California back in September had the glass opening bit as we found out completely by accident. I'd pressed a button on the boot lid thinking it was to open the boot but it was the wrong one and it didnt look obvious what i'd actually done and never thought anything more about it. Then we'd been driving a bit and pulled away a bit quicker at a junction than we had done previously and the glass window bit in the boot flew open!! It was open like this as we were driving down the road :-

Name:	2019_GMC_Yukon_15.jpg
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	244525

No idea what you'd use it for as the car was so tall you'd need to be well over 6ft to be able to lift anything up and over that high into the boot!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                      Not seen that before and looks like its on the earlier models and then dropped. Video about it here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJZ5IgzI6xo

Only thing is i suspect its quite expensive to do and just another thing to break for not loads of benefits. Seen estates\SUVs where they have something similar where you can just pop the glass bit open whilst the Renault Modus had the "Shopping Chute" which was similar.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3598[/ATTACH]

In fact the Yukon XL we had in California back in September had the glass opening bit as we found out completely by accident. I'd pressed a button on the boot lid thinking it was to open the boot but it was the wrong one and it didnt look obvious what i'd actually done and never thought anything more about it. Then we'd been driving a bit and pulled away a bit quicker at a junction than we had done previously and the glass window bit in the boot flew open!! It was open like this as we were driving down the road :-

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3599[/ATTACH]

No idea what you'd use it for as the car was so tall you'd need to be well over 6ft to be able to lift anything up and over that high into the boot!!
                      I think the Yanks just use them for shooting from!

Comment

I had a MK1 Ford Kuga in 2008 and the glass section could open without the bottom part. From what i remember it was actually quite handy. It wasn't a very big boot so it was good for piling stuff against the bottom part! As long as you remembered to just open the top part to empty it!

Comment

Working...
                        X