Shiny car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shiny car

Looking to buy decent polish to make it look shiny any recommendation thanks
    siggy 1.6 vx line from sunny Dumbarton few mods to do to get it how I want it

Originally posted by Smig64 View Post
    Looking to buy decent polish to make it look shiny any recommendation thanks
    Personal preference mate. Most are good now. I currently use a wax from Pure Definitions range. All top brands are good, just remember thou any wax is only as good as your preparation. Wash, clay, decontamination, machine polish if needed, wipe down, various ways to glaze, wax, ceramic coat, graphite coat etc etc.

Everyone has their own way, it's what suits you and your car and your environment, oh and wallet .

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
      Personal preference mate. Most are good now. I currently use a wax from Pure Definitions range. All top brands are good, just remember thou any wax is only as good as your preparation. Wash, clay, decontamination, machine polish if needed, wipe down, various ways to glaze, wax, ceramic coat, graphite coat etc etc.

Everyone has their own way, it's what suits you and your car and your environment, oh and wallet .
      Cheers was looking at the clay stuff want sure if I would damage the paint work with it thanks again

Comment

A quick dip in Aldi Magnum, dry it off with a decent tea towel, then a quick scoot with Aldi Lavender furniture polish........sorted.
        Leaves it looking like this.......

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200201_144313969_HDR.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	244540

Name:	IMG_20200201_144329038_HDR.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	244541
        Rain water just glided off.

Comment

Looks good fella

Comment

I use a product by a Scottish Valeting company called ‘Absolute Immense liquid polish’ soooo easy to use and brings up a really good shine, especially on a black, red car. A little goes a long way too.

Comment

Ooooooooo Brian , show us the results,
              And then post a pic in this section

You get the chance of winning a much sort after key ring !

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                Ooooooooo Brian , show us the results,
                And then post a pic in this section

You get the chance of winning a much sort after key ring !
                Hi, this is the result on my exe wife’s motor she used to have, 11 year old paintwork (at the time) I swear by this polish, and other products they produce. ( I have no affiliation with them, just loves there products)

Comment

I’ll be sure to post pictures of my insignia when I get around to giving her a good once over . [emoji6]

Comment

Nice , but you can't enter that one in the competition.
                    I thaught it was your insignia.

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Havnt used it on my insignia yet as I’ve not long had it but when I get the chance to I’ll
                      Post up some pics. [emoji1305]

Comment

If it's a shine you're after apply a glaze after you have polished. Then add a sealant or a wax for protection.

Chemical Guys do a good range of products. https://www.chemicalguysuk.co.uk/

I won a show and shine a few years ago with these products on my Astra -

Name:	DSCF5842.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	244741
                        2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

Originally posted by aitkenaj View Post
                          If it's a shine you're after apply a glaze after you have polished. Then add a sealant or a wax for protection.

Chemical Guys do a good range of products. https://www.chemicalguysuk.co.uk/

I won a show and shine a few years ago with these products on my Astra -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3900[/ATTACH]
                          That's a cracking job mate.

You've been awful quiet lately

Comment

very nice mate

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                              You've been awful quiet lately
                              Work and 'stuff' getting in the way mate. I can't even find the time to wash the sig and get a decent photo for this month's comp.
                              2015 SRi Nav CDTi 140 VX-line Nav

Comment

Working...
                              X