No announcement yet.

Purchase help please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no oil light - its a warning - a written warning on the screen.
    Replace the seal - problem solved - not a tremp fix - it wont come back - car fixed

simple

Comment

Hello my take on it is if he had the pick up seal done then the oil should be quite clean and golden because it's a sumo off job .not saying he's not telling the truth, but that's a sure sign .
      Also should be asking about cambelt change as well .
      Also if in doubt I don't know if you can do a HPI check but that would also ping up if recorded as a write off and any outstanding finance .
      But if going to view take someone else with you it's easy to let your heart rule your head .
      But try to view when the car is left over night so you can start it from cold .

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks for the replies definitely helps with decision making, although I still haven’t fully decided which to go for just yet .

Edging towards the silver vx line tbf, even though it is more expensive the fella has owned it for 3 years, drives it daily, maintained a service history, recent mot in January 2020 and values his car at £1000 more (albeit 120+ days of it being unsold at that price on the internet ).

The other red vx line has only been owned for 4 months, he has no recent service record for the past 30k miles, he decided to drive another older vehicle over the insignia (as it is reliable).

I hope my reasoning is rationale, although I am feeling under pressure, with the insurance company pushing me to make a decision regarding a car (I had a smash and my previous car being a total write off) and then the lack of suitable cars out there in NI to choose from. Heads fried but thanks again!!!

Comment

I wouldn’t buy it, he’s given enough away

Comment

Originally posted by CairnsyD View Post
            Thanks for the replies definitely helps with decision making, although I still haven’t fully decided which to go for just yet .

Edging towards the silver vx line tbf, even though it is more expensive the fella has owned it for 3 years, drives it daily, maintained a service history, recent mot in January 2020 and values his car at £1000 more (albeit 120+ days of it being unsold at that price on the internet ).

The other red vx line has only been owned for 4 months, he has no recent service record for the past 30k miles, he decided to drive another older vehicle over the insignia (as it is reliable).

I hope my reasoning is rationale, although I am feeling under pressure, with the insurance company pushing me to make a decision regarding a car (I had a smash and my previous car being a total write off) and then the lack of suitable cars out there in NI to choose from. Heads fried but thanks again!!!
            I'd take a swerve from red one as it sounds like something dodgy

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
              I'd take a swerve from red one as it sounds like something dodgy
              Yeah sounds that way.

I wonder if the warnings came on he’s had the seal done and been advised to sell it on incase any damage has occurred.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
                Yeah sounds that way.

I wonder if the warnings came on he’s had the seal done and been advised to sell it on incase any damage has occurred.
                I had warning twice on mines, may have happened more before I bought it but all seems fine 2000 miles later after repair.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                  I had warning twice on mines, may have happened more before I bought it but all seems fine 2000 miles later after repair.
                  Lol I had decided until you mentioned this!!. Thanks for all the replies guys, kinda wish there was some way for sure to know, if the engine was good or damaged, but I guess this is the risk you take when purchasing any car really. Would def make this decision easier. But thanks again!!.

Comment

Make it easy, find another one. Once you question something it's always going to be there.
                    Others out there

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                      Make it easy, find another one. Once you question something it's always going to be there.
                      Others out there

https://www.gumtree.com/p/vauxhall/2...ax-/1365264500
                      Now why couldn't the OP find that?
                      That's a decent car at a decent price

Comment

Originally posted by CairnsyD View Post
                        Lol I had decided until you mentioned this!!. Thanks for all the replies guys, kinda wish there was some way for sure to know, if the engine was good or damaged, but I guess this is the risk you take when purchasing any car really. Would def make this decision easier. But thanks again!!.
                        Best way to prove would be if there where receipts for that work carried out if not be expected to do this work at your cost!
                        From what I understand it's the big ends that go first due lack of oil on cold start up. If damage has happened you would likely hear the rattle like an old transit van.

Comment

Working...
                        X